Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Unable To Authenticate License Key

Options
stuli1989
edited September 2012 in Installation

I have 3 PC's, One Home Desktop, a Personal Laptop and an Office Use Laptop.

For the same I bought a 3PC/1 Year of Total Security license a few months back.

It installed correctly and is working fine on the 2 Laptops.

On my desktop initially running a 32 bit system, the product installed correctly and was running fine. I decided to however go for a system format and change to a 64 bit system on the recommendations of a few friends.

However ever since I changed to the 64 bit system the License key just refuses to Authenticate, I got frustrated and gave up also for a few months after struggling with all the email and direct chat instructions.

Now with total security 2013 out, I decided to give it a go once again, still the same issue persists.

Could anyone help as to why this issue is occurring?

Does Bitdefender not work correctly on 64 bit systems?

Does it not work on a formatted computer? the forums and chat seem to indicate otherwise

What other error could be causing the problem?

I have upgraded my office laptop to 2013 and it is working perfectly it is just the Desktop which is giving such a massive headache.

Any suggestions from anyone are highly appreciated

EDIT: Some additional Info, in My Bitdefender it shows only 2 PC's with active licenses and the desktop with a trial license, I hope that helps;

Just ask for any more info and if possible I will reply

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

Bitdefender is perfectly compatible with both architectures, 32 and 64 bit.

Please send me a PM with the email address that you used to register the My Bitdefender account and you current license key so I can check them in the system.

DO NOT POST THEM ON THE FORUMS!

Thank you!

• PM sent with full details, pls reply

• I don't know if this would help, but I use a PPoE connection to connect to the internet.

• rootkit
    Options

I did not received your PM, please resend.

Thank you!

• rootkit
    Options

Hello,

Check your PM, I have sent you further instructions.

Take care.

• Solution offered in PM works!! yay!!! Thank you so much christian and everyone else in the back end on the support team :D:D:D

• stuli1989
    edited September 2012
    Options

I spoke too soon, now my other laptops are facing a problem and the new key isnt working with them!!!!

it detected the old key as expired and isnt accepting the new key, so now on one system I have a working AntiVirus but not on the other 2!!! this is insanity!!!

• I spoke too soon, now my other laptops are facing a problem and the new key isnt working with them!!!!

it detected the old key as expired and isnt accepting the new key, so now on one system I have a working AntiVirus but not on the other 2!!! this is insanity!!!

All good :) Everything working now!!! Thanks to christian and the awesome support team :D

• rootkit
    Options

I am glad I was able to help you.

Since this is now resolved, I declare the topic closed.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.