Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] I Want To Cancel Auto Renewal But Bd Thinks I Want A Refund

Options

Hello, anyone there from BD who can make some sense of this please?

I ordered and paid for a renewal via Digital River. Got my confirmation email and download link. Fine so far.

What was not fine was the fact that I had to sign up with auto renewal. Had to, no option not to. Not even going to vent my thoughts on that here...

I followed the instructions about how to cancel the auto renewal after the fact. All very well, except they did not work as explained, that is, where there was supposed to be an option to choose "Cancel Auto-Renew" and "Please cancel auto-renew my subscription", they did not appear in the drop down box as they were supposed to.

So I chose other and wrote the following (in part):

Cancel Auto-Renew. I tried doing this via the menus choices above, however, contrary to the instructions during the original order (which are copied for your reference below) the "Cancel Auto-Renew" and "Please cancel auto-renew my subscription" options do not appear in the "Please select a subject" and the "More specifically" drop-down boxes as they should.

Please treat this request as "Cancel Auto-Renew" and "Please cancel auto-renew my subscription".

Imagine my delight when I got home today to find an email stating (again, in part):

Thank you for ordering from BitDefender SRL. At your request a return has been initiated. Your request to return items will expire in 7 days.

??? This is really frustrating, what part of Please treat this request as "Cancel Auto-Renew" and "Please cancel auto-renew my subscription". wasn't clear? How could I make it more clear? I explained that the site wouldn't let me do as advertised, and i explained what I needed.

The question is, how can it be fixed?

Comments

• delushin
    edited September 2012
    Options

I agree ... I have been using BD for a few years now and every single year the procces to cancel this )(&(&*%%#%$#%^&*^&*(^() auto renewal is a pain in the @ss. Again I am having to call numbers that dont work and email people that dont reply.

This is it for me I love this product be because they make it hard for me to MAKE MY OWN CHOICE! I am dont with them now.

I WILL RENEW WHEN I WANT BECAUSE YOUR AUTO RENEWAL IS AT FULL PRICE AND YOU ALWAYS HAVE A DISCOUNT ELSE WHERE ... What do they think we are all lemmings and not smart enough to see the profit potential from the auto-renewal scam.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited September 2012
    Options

Hi Luke, sorry to hear about your situation, hopefully it gets resolved. I only post the below for those who may read your thread and hopefully will help them avoid this situation if they do not want the auto-renewal enabled. I'm not sure if the purchase page has changed since I bought my subscription (along with a discount cuopon) but the option is kind of hidden in a link, that expands the box to opt out option:

BDcheckout.jpg

Is Bitdefender phone support able to help you with Digital River orders? http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer-phone.html

Thanks,

Columbo

• Hi Luke, sorry to hear about your situation, hopefully it gets resolved. I only post the below for those who may read your thread and hopefully will help them avoid this situation if they do not want the auto-renewal enabled. I'm not sure if the purchase page has changed since I bought my subscription (along with a discount cuopon) but the option is kind of hidden in a link, that expands the box to opt out option:

BDcheckout.jpg

Is Bitdefender phone support able to help you with Digital River orders? http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer-phone.html

Thanks,

Columbo

Hi Columbo, thanks for writing.

I guess I could contact phone support, but I live in Australia and the costs would be somewhat prohibitive.

It's sort of a principle thing for me, their site didn't act as it told me it would, I gave them all the info I could in an attempt to resolve it, and I keep getting the run around. It doesn't encourage me to want to spend money to resolve what should be their problem to address.

But thank you for the response and suggestion.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited September 2012
    Options

You're welcome, friend :)

Maybe Tech. support, or a member here will come around to help, or at least give a suggestion.

Columbo

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hello :)

I am sorry for the delay of our answer and I hope to assist you in a timely fashion from now on. I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to convey our apologies in regards to the situation created.

Is everything OK now?

Do you still need assistance on this?

Take care.

• Hello :)

I am sorry for the delay of our answer and I hope to assist you in a timely fashion from now on. I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to convey our apologies in regards to the situation created.

Is everything OK now?

Do you still need assistance on this?

Take care.

Hello Christian

Thanks for your reply.

As outlined in my post - the refund was received. :blink:

So, I am back at square one. I received an email from George Radulescu on 6 October advising I should again apply via the special offer. I have not yet done so, and this is why:

As part of the order process, the web page says:

"Should you choose to cancel your participation in the auto-renewal plan, you must first enter the order number on the Customer service form. Next, enter and verify the email address that was used for your purchase. Next, under the section headed "Please Select A Subject", select "Cancel Auto-Renew" in the drop-down box, then select "Please cancel auto-renew my subscription". Lastly, click the "send email" button. Shortly after, you will receive an email confirming that your Auto-Renewal Plan cancellation request is being processed."

Christian, this brings up the same problem I had originally. The "Customer Service Form" (https://shop.bitdefender.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayContactFormPage&SiteID=defendwo&Locale=en_AU&Env=BASE) has the ""Please Select A Subject"" section as per the above text.

It does NOT have, however, the "Cancel Auto-Renew" or the "Please cancel auto-renew my subscription" choices.

So, how does one cancel auto renew? That is the question that no-one else could (or would???) answer. I am hoping that you can/will please.

I look forward to your reply.

Luke

• Hello Luke,

The automatic renewal option can be canceled during checkout, as shown in the attached screenshots.

post-36183-1352115123_thumb.jpg post-36183-1352115128_thumb.png

The contact forms are for canceling the automatic renewal feature after purchase. This can be done by customer service at your request or from the Digital River account at findmyorder.com

Let me know if I can be of help with any other details.

Regards,

George

• Luke Cossins
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hello Luke,

The automatic renewal option can be canceled during checkout, as shown in the attached screenshots.

The contact forms are for canceling the automatic renewal feature after purchase. This can be done by customer service at your request or from the Digital River account at findmyorder.com

Let me know if I can be of help with any other details.

Regards,

George

Okay, I am happy to tell you that I have downloaded and installed the new version and have also declined the auto renew feature as per the instructions.

Thank you for yours and Christian's assistance with this.

Luke

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

I am glad this is now resolved.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.