Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Reinstallation After Uninstall

Options

I had a copy of 2013 total security that had to be uninstalled because of a virus,I can't seem to find out how to reinstall by using my license key

Comments

• I had a copy of 2013 total security that had to be uninstalled because of a virus,I can't seem to find out how to reinstall by using my license key

I had a similar situation after a DLL in Program Files/Bitdefender got infected with a Trojan, identified and supposedly removed by Superantispyware.

The Trojan notice returned a couple of times, so I decided to Uninstalled Bitdefender Total Security 2013, using the Uninstall Tool from Tech support and...

that's when the Nightmare began!! :wub:

The Uninstall Tool would not totally uninstall the program, even after several attempts!

Booted in Safe Mode and manually deleted the remaining files and folders.

Rebooted and everything was seemingly deleted, or so I was led to believe!

Opened Regedit, searched for everything Bitdefender and deleted.

Rebooted again and when I attempted to re install Bitdefender Total Security, the installer advised that the program was ALREADY installed and would

not continue! Bloody wonderful! :rolleyes:

Did another search and nothing related to Bitdefender was found.

Attempted once again to install and the same message pops up, meaning that it wouldn't install!!

Installed KIS 2013, entered a valid license and all is well!!

Here's my point. IF and only IF Bitdefender was still installed on my system, Kaspersky would NOT have been able to install and run,

as there would have been a conflict!

Guess what Bitdefender? You've just lost a customer!! :P

• columbo
    Options
    I had a copy of 2013 total security that had to be uninstalled because of a virus,I can't seem to find out how to reinstall by using my license key

Hi Mike77 :)

You can find the download here. All you will need to do is add your license key when prompted, the key you received with your email confirmation, or from the box edition.

I would run the 2013 uninstall tool just to be sure, restart your PC, then run CCleaner in registry mode, deleting only (if any) Bitdefender registry keys and also in cleaner mode, restart your PC, and install BD from the saved download file. This should help you with a clean install.

I hope I understood what you were wondering about, and that this helped :) Hopefully the virus is gone?

Columbo

• The problem is, the Bitdefender uninstaller doesn't work, as indicated in my previous post!

It leaves behind Folders and DLLS that refuse to be uninstalled until you reboot into Safe Mode!

Then, as I also indicated, it's impossible to reinstall Bitdefender as the Installer will tell you that the

program is already installed!!

Tried three times, finally got all the files deleted and the Registry cleaned and it still refused to install.

Don't need the aggravation. Back to KIS and my system is protected! B)

• rootkit
    Options

Hello everyone :)

@ MIKE77

I can see from this topic that you have now the product installed

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=39356&hl=

@ Midnight

Our drivers are not stored in Program Files and the installer will check first in system32. That's why you receive that message from the installer.

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.