Appalled At Tech Support!

Sir_Vikin
edited November 2012 in General

I am absolutely appalled at the e-mail that I received from tech support today in response to my request for a refund! Below is their response, followed by my response.. I pray that somebody from BD reads this and realizes how bad things are going between BD's tech support and their customers right now, because no customer should be ignored and then told that the only way that a refund will be considered is "if" they accept tech supports assistance, despite the fact that Tech support REFUSED to assist me for over a month!

Read on-

Dear Michael,

I have taken note of your refund request, however I would first like to offer

our assistance in this matter. If you agree to work with us towards solving

this issue, in exchange for your time and patience in this matter, we would be

happy to provide an extension on the subscription time, as a symbolic

compensation for this inconvenience.

Please let me know how you would like to go about this matter, by replying to

this email.

Best regards,

Tudor Florescu

Bitdefender Technical Support Engineer

To Tudor Florescu and the rest of the Bit Defender techs,

Let me start off by thanking you for your response to my request for a refund.

I must admit that I am extremely frustrated at your reply as it does nothing but reinforce the fact that something is fundamentally broken at Bit Defender.

You see, well over a month ago I submitted a ticket requesting assistance and I after 1 response I was ignored! So, I submitted a second ticket, again asking for support, to which tech support only sent "canned" responses! Furthermore, as a loyal customer I even tried chatting with a Tech via live Chat, (a complete nightmare!) which ended with the tech telling me that I would hear from the "original technician working on my ticket ASAP".. However, I never heard from her either! In desperation I posted on the BD Facebook page, which led to a response that a tech would get back to me. That led to the response that a new build was released that addressed my problem. It did not. Out of patience, I requested a refund.

Yet, now when I ask for a refund over a month later you suddenly want to help? I have already wasted over a month of my time asking for help and being ignored, why would I want to go through this again? You and the rest of the tech team at Bit Defender have completely destroyed the trust that I had in Bit Defender and its products! Why would I want to put myself through this again just because you are now willing to "assist" me when you would not before?

I should have been assisted within the first 24/48 hours, not more than a month after I submitted the ticket and was ignored, not after I submitted a 2nd ticket, not after I requested help via live chat, not AFTER I requested a refund! It is extremely apparent that Bit Defender's supposed "satisfaction guarantee" has no meaning at all, which is the same with the line of "we hope to assist you in a timely fashion from now on", which I have read/seen more times than I can count.

So, in answer to your request that I let you assist me after I wasted more than a month of my time literally begging for your help, my answer is NO. That said, I kindly request one last time that you issue a refund for what is obviously a complete breakdown by Bit Defender and its tech support to not only provide a working piece of software, but to offer the support that is promised on your website.

Thank you,

Michael Anderson

A disillusioned BitDefender customer

Comments

• I vote give him a refund !

He has endured enough !

• I vote give him a refund !

He has endured enough !

Yes it's a shame... do all AV products end up like this?

• Yes it's a shame... do all AV products end up like this?

Yes, i think it's a shame to bitdefender!! All they do is advertise they're the best but you know what...more than half people in the world already know, they're the WORST. This software will go down slowly day by day. Anybody believe this...All customers will be answer to their request within 24/48 hrs? What a LIE!! More like GARBAGE!!

• Sir_Vikin
    edited November 2012

A quick note to say that the issue has now been resolved!

Earlier today I received an e-mail stating that my order was refunded.

Thank you to everybody that played a role in helping resolve this issue. You have my sincere gratitude!

• @promise26: You really have too much time on your hands.. I know you people are complaining about the recession and stuff, but get a job. Seriously.

• I agree that bitdefender is not a good product,I have had problems with videos since I put it on. Support has done nothing to resolve the issue.They tell me it is a windows problem.I have taken my computer in to a tech shop and they confirmed me that it was bitdefnders problem.

• Duradel
    edited November 2012

Tech support has always been BitDefender's weakest point.

Christian is the only one in tech support at the moment (if there are any other tech support members they aren't visible enough to warrant acknowledging) but he isn't there full time. They need to employ at least one dedicated full time tech support staff member, it would make SO much difference to everyone's experiences.

The reason why I haven't gone back to using BitDefender after a long vacation from it is because of reading posts like this which are ignored by the BitDefender staff. If the customer service is this bad it reflects badly on the company and product as a whole.

I also had a dreadful experience getting a refund from Avangate (BitDefender re-seller) who had opted me into an automatic renewal. I succeeded in the end through some assistance from PayPal.

BitDefender should give the TC a refund. If they cant support their product effectively they shouldn't be selling it in the first place!

• @promise26: You really have too much time on your hands.. I know you people are complaining about the recession and stuff, but get a job. Seriously.

@ Catalin Salgau

If you guys were to stop lying to people...reply in 24-48hrs? What kind of business is this? My brother have all kinds of problem since last year and needed help and what are you guys at BD do to resolve? Nothing!! You think we would trust a company like this, NO WAY! Not in our lifetime!! There's better AV out there! Now Bye!!!!

NO, SERIOUSLY you need to work on your JOB because it will go downhill fast!

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    edited November 2012

@promise26

This is exactly what I do not understand.

You have explained several times how you feel wronged by our support team and how you dislike our products, yet you still hang around here.

While I understand your frustration, I can't figure what kind of person wants to keep being frustrated.

This is my last reply on this subject. I suggest you try a similar approach.

• @promise26

This is exactly what I do not understand.

You have explained several times how you feel wronged by our support team and how you dislike our products, yet you still hang around here.

While I understand your frustration, I can't figure what kind of person wants to keep being frustrated.

This is my last reply on this subject. I suggest you try a similar approach.

@Catalin Salgau

BAN me! My whole family, friends, coworker, don't need to do work with a company that always break their promises one after another."It will resolve the next product update", "all request will be answer within 24/48hrs (LIE).

My brother have been waiting the whole 9 months. NOTHING! You go figure before you speak up of anything!

You need to watch it or not too long you will loose your JOB!

• Duradel
    edited November 2012
    @promise26: You really have too much time on your hands.. I know you people are complaining about the recession and stuff, but get a job. Seriously.

Learn to deal with angry customers more efficiently and they might stop posting Catalin.

Learn to deal with angry customers more efficiently and they might stop posting Catalin.

BitDefender as a product has improved enormously from 2012. I couldn't use BD 2012 at all throughout the first half of the year due to the ridiculous level of bugs it had.

If you can improve the customer service then you'll have more satisfied customers resulting in more sales since happy customers are more likely to spread the word about how good the BD products are.

• werby3
    edited November 2012
    ...I can't figure what kind of person wants to keep being frustrated...

@ Catalin Salgau

The kind of people that pays for you to have your "job".

So, Take the money and run and of course shut up cause you are very impudent.

• @ Catalin Salgau

The kind of people that pays for you to have your "job".

So, Take the money and run and of course shut up cause you are very impudent.

@Werby

Thanks!

This is how rude they treat their customers.

First of all, Virus researcher, Catalin Salgau...do you have the right to write and answer any of my request/post?

I see you are virus researcher, NOT technical support so unless i have a request relate to virus, keep your nose out.

You wrote: : You really have too much time on your hands.. I know you people are complaining about the recession and stuff, but get a job. Seriously.

Seriously, you people at BD need to get your act together instead of lying one after another or get out, yes, includes you...Catalin Salgau!

• A quick note to say that the issue has now been resolved!

Earlier today I received an e-mail stating that my order was refunded.

Thank you to everybody that played a role in helping resolve this issue. You have my sincere gratitude!

Sad to see you go, we have to few voices here but I'm glad it worked out.

I'm also glad Bitdefender might realize that something is seriously wrong with bdtl.dll

Comments by Catalin Salgau only further me wanting to keep alive the thread Choppy Slow Internet , who seem to think this company is doing us some sort of favor. If you fixed it in the first place all of this would never have happened. By the way that bdtl.dll works you need to find someone there that knows what they are doing, it is killing our internet connection.

I'm using a trial version of a competitors that is running flawlessly. I have over a year and a half left on my subscription for Bitfender, yet I'm using a trial version of a competitors, that ought to tell you something.

I believe Bitdefender could be good maybe even better than most others but not as it is now.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012

Hello everyone,

@ Michael

As requested on ticket 201210301001395, your order is now fully refunded. You will see the money back into your account in up to 7 working days.

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.