Google Chrome Settings

In my google chrome browser I noticed in settings that there is a checkbox for "Enable phishing and malware protection" under advanced settings. I have this box checked. Should it stay checked or am I going to have a problem because of additional protection, even though I didn't install anything? I think this is just protection from the browser itself.

Comments

• In my google chrome browser I noticed in settings that there is a checkbox for "Enable phishing and malware protection" under advanced settings. I have this box checked. Should it stay checked or am I going to have a problem because of additional protection, even though I didn't install anything? I think this is just protection from the browser itself.

Randyboy99:

I have been running Google Chrome for a long time with that setting on and have not experienced any problems. I think enabling that feature is additional support from Google Chrome which states, "About this feature: Get an instant alert whenever the browser detects that the website you're going to may be harmful. Information that is sent: The browser sends a partial copy of the URL you're visiting to Google to check it against a list of known phishing and malware sites."

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Randyboy99,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your concern.

To find more information about the Google Chrome option you are referring to please access this article:

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answe...mp;answer=99020

You can uncheck "Enable phishing and malware protection" if you turn on the Bitdefender options available on the Antiphishing tab (from Settings -> Privacy Control -> Antiphishing tab).

Please post back if you have other questions or concerns.