Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rescue Mode Won't Update

Options

So I ran a scan today and there were unresolved issues. It said I needed to reboot in rescue mode. When I do this an update initializes, but I get an error stating that it can't connect to the server. Can I assume that if my BD2013 is up to date that when I start in rescue mode it will be up to date as well, or is this program drawing information from a different database? I tried searching the forum for this question, but could not find the answer.

Thanks!

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

The Updates in Rescue Mode is work only on the wired network connection and not on the wireless connection.

• zjoao
    Options
    The Updates in Rescue Mode is work only on the wired network connection and not on the wireless connection.

I have the same problem and I have a wired network. I can't even install firefox on rescue mode because the path is invalid.

I am waiting for a reply from bitdefender support to this problem.

• alexx69
    Options

Hello,

Once i had the same issue with updates in Rescue Mode. Appeared to me UPDATE ERROR: "THE SERVER ADDRESS IS NOT CORRECT". I solved this issue with reset of my Cable Modem, after that all was fine, including installation of Firefox into Rescue Mode.

That was a my case, maybe will helpful for you.

Best regards.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

If you have all the updates installed in Windows, when starting the PC in Rescue Mode, it will copy all the definitions in this environment so the product will always be up to date.

There is no need to run Update in Rescue Mode.

Also, Rescue Mode can not be updated over some wireless connections of mobile ones.

Thank you.

• BBBTH
    Options

I have had exactly the same problem and requested help from Bitdefender without any worthy reply.

My basic problem was after running a full scan with my newly installed Bitdefender on a PC (Vista), several problems were observed and I had to re-open my PC in rescue mode. When I do this and Bitdefender tries to Update, I get the following error message "Update Error: the server address is not correct". The relevant address is

http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/av32bit2011

This also happens with my other PC running Windows 7.

Is the only solution to run a scan and then run an ethernet cable before rebooting? Sounds pretty 12th Century to me.

So I ran a scan today and there were unresolved issues. It said I needed to reboot in rescue mode. When I do this an update initializes, but I get an error stating that it can't connect to the server. Can I assume that if my BD2013 is up to date that when I start in rescue mode it will be up to date as well, or is this program drawing information from a different database? I tried searching the forum for this question, but could not find the answer.

Thanks!

• zayras
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have had exactly the same problem and requested help from Bitdefender without any worthy reply...

Well, same thing is happening with me. I also have Windows 7, and I think the culprit is my RAID 0 Array. I have made a thread about it with no response so far.

It seems to me like a simpler and more efficient option (as far as hardware compatibility goes) would have been to go with a DOS start up scan rather than with a Linux based scan like most other AV programs.

What happens in my case is that my 2 Samsung Spinpoint drives in RAID 0 are not detected, only my Data/Backup drive gets detected and BD tries to download itself onto that drive only to have the "Update" fail within a few minutes.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone :)

I already posted here an answer for the update situation in Rescue Mode:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=154018

Thank you!

• suditu
    suditu ✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options

I've got all updates installed and bitdefender internet security 2013 updated .In rescue mode antivirus engines AREN'T WORKING and i'm conected to the web through a wirelles network.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Could please insert the cable in the network card?

It should download the latest updates with this configuration.

Take care.

• suditu
    Options

Thank you.

Happy new year.