Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocking Utorrent

Options
Nelliel
edited December 2012 in Firewall

Hi, I'm having this same problem now and I noticed there was no response. Can I get some help?

I have a Sony VAIO laptop, and am running BitDefender Total Security 2013. Just installed and activated and when I restarted, and reopened my uTorrent, everything was just frozen up (aka nothing checking, nothing uploading, nothing downloading). I checked rules and uTorrent is added and is allowed. I'm not sure what's the problem... Been trying everything.

Oh For the record: Windows 7 Home Premium -- I'm only using Malware Bytes and BitDefender... I was downloading with uTorrent quite fine before BitDefender... It was really after I installed it.

Comments

• You can set your torrent client to only work on a port range. Say 50000-60000, and white list these ports on BD.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Nelliel,

Please try to turn off the real-time protection of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and check if the issue persists:

- right click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware icon from the system tray

- click on Enable Protection

- a message window will appear > click Yes to disable.

The Malwarebytes Anti-Malware icon in the system tray will turn Black signifying that its real-time protection is disabled.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance. :)