Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Security Center Ui Problems

Options

I've had a lot of trouble today installing Bit Defender. After several hours of installing/uninstalling and millions of computer restarts with errors including Installation Failed; File failed to download (Check internet connection blah blah), and problems with not being able to uninstall at all.

Now, I've finally gotten it to fully install. After installation it started a "Getting Started" window which asks you to register. After mashing my mouse on the "Next" button, which seemed to be doing absolutely nothing, for "Evaluate Product" (I chose this because of all the issues I've had, I wanted make sure it worked), I decided to register. I entered my product key and clicked "Next"... Oh joy! The button isn't working again. So I clicked the X to quit the Getting Started. I tried to open the Security Center, and it opens as a Single Pixel on my desktop.

A few restarts later, I try again -- still a single pixel is displayed in the middle of my screen.

So, this is why I'm asking here. What the heck is going on?! Why is the GUI opening as a single pixel? Why is 2013 giving me so much problems???

Computer Information:

2.2ghz Intel i7

NVIDIA GT 525M graphics

Windows 8 - 64x

I had BitDefender Total Security 2012 installed as a trial version on this computer, then I did a Refresh of the windows 8 and it seemed to remove almost everything. And now Total Security 2013 won't work properly.

I've tried disabling UAC, Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, done a Disk Clean-Up which removed my Windows.old (the Refresh made this).

Comments

• alexx69
    Options

Hello Nyfinscyf and welcome to the forum,

Maybe would not be bad to try the following steps:

1). Download and run Uninstall Tool 2012(run as administrator & restart your PC when you finish).

2). Download and run Uninstall Tool 2013 (run as administrator & restart your PC when you finish).

3) Download Ccleaner from here(select clean registry mode and clean only Bitdefender registry keys & restart your PC when you finish).

4). Download and save at your usual location Full Offline Kit from here and run as administrator, when you get popup to accept the latest updates choose NO.

5) When you get an option to choose purchase or evaluation version, choose purchase and then set your license key.

6). After that, follow the simple steps until the installation not totaly completed...

Maybe this could be helpful for you.

Regards.

• I have the same problem. Clicking the Next Button on Getting Started does nothing. And when I open BitDefender Security Center, nothing shows up but a black pixel. I also noticed that I can't close the Security Center by right-clicking the program tab in the taskbar, nor can I close it using the Task Manager.

I tried installing/uninstalling many times but it still won't work. I've tried both the Web Installer and the Full Offline Installer, both ended up with the UI problem. Purged all registry keys using CCleaner related to BitDefender. Still ends with the problem.

I noticed that all of these problems occurred after doing a system restore because of a driver problem.

Help me please.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

@ Nyfinscyf: Is everything OK now? Please post back if you need more help.

@ DecBinOctHex: Please let me know if the issue persists with the latest build version 16.29.0.1830

(right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine (you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35498

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Thank you.