Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Is2008 Key

Options

Hi,

I've installed a valid licenced BD IS 2008 ( key for 3 PCs) onto a PC that have a wrong date system( january 2002), everything went ok, updates and scan. After a while, i put the right date ( december 13, 2007) but the key has gone expired and BD IS2008 is asking for a valid one. Also, my PC is no longer protected

Please, how to fix that problem?

Thx for help

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear maan

Only customer care can help you. You can contact them here. Type your question select customer care afterwards.

Best regards

Niels

• Thx Niels, i just do it right now.

• Dear BitDefender Forum,

Here it is in plain English and I warn you, this will not be polite.

After over a year of the older, troubleless version of Bit Defender I was informed recently, on start-up of my PC, that my BitDefender was about to expire, and that the 2008 version was there, at my fingertips, ready to download. I thought, "this is cool", insofar as my expiring version of BitDefender had served me well, and that the new, 2008 version would only be better. So I broke out my credit card and ordered the '08 update online.

Here I digress right away, but the first thing I didn't like was the automatic eleven bucks thirty extra for the CD backup, shoved and re-shoved into my shopping cart. No matter how how I tried, and I did try, by clicking and back-clicking like a madman, I just couldn't remove that pesky, expensive and unwanted CD from my shopping cart. So, instead of the 34 bucks BD used as bait, I ended up paying, online, over 50 bucks for the online download, plus 11 bucks for the goddam cd I don't want, plus tax.

But all that- the forced extra purchase, that is- is neither here nor there. In fact, I would never have bothered to post on this forum for computer geeks in the first place had the whole 51 dollar BitDefender package worked at least half as good as the one it replaced. Such is not the case.

Here's the deal; I installed the 2008 BD two days ago. Since this morning, I can no longer get online with my pc, which is an HP with Widows XP. I am actually writing this on a MacX , since my newly BitDefended pc refuses to go online.

Here's the other deal; I went on this forum hoping to find some sort of solution to this problem. My mistake. You see, I am one of the many tens of millions of PC users for whom all technical, how to fix type explanations are about as clear as reading Chinese ****** through a mud puddle. THUS, I AM ONE OF THE COUNTLESS MILLIONS OF PC USERS WHO DOESN'T KNOW FUGALL ABOUT dll, and "******" and all that other fancy terminology ###### reserved for the lazy, incompetent koonts who actually wrote this particular anti-virus program, who theoretically understand all the fancy terms , and who still managed to **** it up.

Do you get my point here, you wankers at BitDefender? You are selling sheer bollox. You jerks are paid big money to put together a product for us laymen out there who only want to log on and not have our computer act like it has the very thing your limpy program is supposed to prevent, i.e., a virus. Bloody h e ll!

Let me try to put this into a better perspective. I, as in me personally, operate my own small business. I am a very busy man, and I fight every day just to feed my family. My PC is perhaps my most important business tool. My wife, who knows even less than me about PC's, if that's possible, does all my secretarial work. She is barely comfortable with sending an e-mail attachment, but she is slowly but surely getting the hang of things. My only big concern is a virus wiping out my PC, which has all my business records etc., as any small business owner reading this will understand right away. SO THE LAST ###### THING I NEED IS TO BE PREVENTED FROM GOING ON LINE BY AN ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM SO FULL OF BUGS THAT EVEN THE WANKERS THAT WROTE IT CAN'T GET A HANDLE ON IT ...but that is actually the case, you son-zabiches.

BitDefender, you bloody wankers, you are costing me, and likely many others, money. My PC refuses to go on line now because of your professional incompetence. Your bloody 2008 version is one chess game I neither wanted nor have the time to sort out. However, if I had the time or money I would sue your sorry assess for my losses.

Let me say this again. There is an entire world of PC users out there that know fugall about the sorting out the screw-ups and bugs you have programed into your poxy new product. I also do not doubt that there is an entire world of PC users who are actually loosing money now by paying to download a new anti-virus program apparently written by a bunch of pot smoking chimps hitting a keyboard while playing with themselves.

I am well pizzed off. For thirty-plus years I was an airplane mechanic, and I can tell you that if I or my crew had repaired airplanes with the same nonchalance as you winkers write and sell the 2008 version BitDefender then you wouldn't find a sane man today that would buy another airline ticket.

I just wish you frisbee flipping, haky sack playing, pony-tailed nerds would get it into your arrogant heads that your lack of responsibility for quality control is not without consequences. Your product, the 2008 BitDefender, has made me a very ###### off customer. My hard earned money went for this and shame on you for even daring to market this incredibly inferior kawk up.

• s4u
    Options

it would have been nicer to just use your own thread