Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated] Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition Can't Detect Pre-installed Antivirus Program

Options

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition can't detect Pre-Installed Antivirus Program and I can successfully install Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition with already installed other Security Solution e.g Eset. Is this normal?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hello :)

This situation was escalated. I have tested with other security solutions and they got detected during install.

Thank you!

• coolcool1227
    Options

Although detection of Eset is added, but even then the Bitdefender Free Edition didn't ask to remove it first. I checked from the "extern" folder that contain .xml files for detection pre-installed security softwares.

• Hello ONT,

What Eset product did not detect Bitdefender AV Free?

If you have another AV installed before BD AV Free should prompt a window message to uninstall that AV. After the uninstall process completed successfully you need a restart and then rerun the BD AV Free installation kit.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Hello ONT,

What Eset product did not detect Bitdefender AV Free?

If you have another AV installed before BD AV Free should prompt a window message to uninstall that AV. After the uninstall process completed successfully you need a restart and then rerun the BD AV Free installation kit.

It was Eset Smart Security 6 RC version which was in beta, so that may be the reason why it was not detected.

• It was Eset Smart Security 6 RC version which was in beta, so that may be the reason why it was not detected.

Indeed we do not detect Eset Smart Security. It will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Indeed we do not detect Eset Smart Security. It will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks.

Then why xml file for Eset is presnt in the "extern" folder?

• Hello,

The xml file for Eset is present in extern folder because we detect previous versions(<=5)

This is a new version, with a different ID and must be added to that list.

Thanks for feedback,

Alex

• coolcool1227
    Options

Thanks for your reply.....this was what I expecting in my post #5.