Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Install Issue - Ad Aware

Options

Install of Total Security 2013 failed due to 'ad aware' conflict. I did not have Adaware on my computer. Did install adaware and then uninstalled it in attempt to wipe any traces out. Have contacted support chat several times. Did download support tool which did not work. Sent requested information to Bitdefender via email January 15th. No reply to my email, have contacted chat support three times since, all they can do is tell me they are reminding their colleagues of my issue.

Any hope of getting this program installed?

Comments

• somu
    Options

After unistallation of adware delete the remaining folders in programe files if any. GO TO START>>RUN>> type " regedit " and delete the registry keys of adware from HKEY_CURRENT_USER >>>SOFTWARE AND HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE , Then install it. hope it will help.

• rh2ohouse
    edited January 2013
    Options
    After unistallation of adware delete the remaining folders in programe files if any. GO TO START>>RUN>> type " regedit " and delete the registry keys of adware from HKEY_CURRENT_USER >>>SOFTWARE AND HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE , Then install it. hope it will help.

Followed your instructions - do not see anything referencing "Adaware" or "Lavasoft" Any other ideas? Thank you!.

• alexx69
    Options
    Followed your instructions - do not see anything referencing "Adaware" or "Lavasoft" Any other ideas? Thank you!.

Hello Rick49,

In this case, the best solution for you is to contact them(Lavasoft) directly and request the latest uninstall tool for Ad-Aware.

I sent you adequate link in your PM (due to the rules of this forum) !

Regards.

• Hello Rick49,

In this case, the best solution for you is to contact them(Lavasoft) directly and request the latest uninstall tool for Ad-Aware.

I sent you adequate link in your PM (due to the rules of this forum) !

Regards.

Thank you Alexx69, I did try the adaware uninstall tool linked on bitdefender. It did not help. I will try Lavasoft.

Thank you

• somu
    Options

Can you tell me what version of adware you are running ??

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

I would think Bitdefender would check the registry here.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

As mentioned above, check for Adaware or Lavasoft.

• Can you tell me what version of adware you are running ??

I am not running any ad aware. After this message first came up during the install of Bitdefender (need to uninstall Ad Aware) and not being able to find it on my computer, I did download and install the latest free version of Ad Aware Anti Virus and then deleted in in hope it would remove the issue. That did not work. No Ad Aware and Bitdefender will not install.

Thank you for whatever help you can suggest.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Try the procedure explained here

How To Remove Previous Antivirus Traces And Re-installation Of Bitdefender, Detailed Procedure

ShortCut: If you don't want to do above suggested procedure, then try this

1) Extract Bitdefender offline setup kit with some compression software such WinRAR or WinZip etc

2) Locate the folder named "extern".

3) Either delete the files "Ad-Aware.xml and Ad-Aware.xml.md5" and then run the setup or open the file "Ad-Aware.xml" in the browser or xml notepad etc and locate and delete the registry keys mentioned there which the Bitdefender detect them and consider Ad-aware is already installed on your system and then re-run the setup.

Hopefully this will help you.

• Try the procedure explained here

How To Remove Previous Antivirus Traces And Re-installation Of Bitdefender, Detailed Procedure

ShortCut: If you don't want to do above suggested procedure, then try this

1) Extract Bitdefender offline setup kit with some compression software such WinRAR or WinZip etc

2) Locate the folder named "extern".

3) Either delete the files "Ad-Aware.xml and Ad-Aware.xml.md5" and then run the setup or open the file "Ad-Aware.xml" in the browser or xml notepad etc and locate and delete the registry keys mentioned there which the Bitdefender detect them and consider Ad-aware is already installed on your system and then re-run the setup.

Hopefully this will help you.

So I got to the "extern" file. But "ad-aware" nor "lavasoft" appear on the list of files. Looks like every other antivirus program is there. When I search for those files by name they appear but when I try to open them they cannot be found as they were deleted. Re-started computer still unable to install due to ad aware????

About ready to give up and by another internet security program.

Thank you for your help.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    So I got to the "extern" file. But "ad-aware" nor "lavasoft" appear on the list of files. Looks like every other antivirus program is there. When I search for those files by name they appear but when I try to open them they cannot be found as they were deleted. Re-started computer still unable to install due to ad aware????

About ready to give up and by another internet security program.

Thank you for your help.

For Lavasoft

<uninstall_information>

<version_list>

<version_1>

Lavasoft Anti-Virus Helix

</version_1>

</version_list>

<version_1>

<win_nt>

<reg_keys op_code="del_regkey" minimum_score="1">

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lavasoft Anti-Virus Helix" score="1" Mandatory="no"/>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lavasoft Anti-Virus Helix" score="1" Mandatory="no"/>

</reg_keys>

</win_nt>

</version_1>

</uninstall_information>

For Ad-Aware

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<uninstall_information>

<version_list>

<version_1>Ad-Aware SE Enterprise</version_1>

<version_2>Ad-Aware SE Personal</version_2>

<version_3>Ad-Aware SE Plus</version_3>

<version_4>Ad-Aware SE Professional</version_4>

<version_5>Ad-Aware</version_5>

</version_list>

<version_1>

<win_nt>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Enterprise" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Enterprise" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

</reg_keys>

</win_nt>

</version_1>

<version_2>

<win_nt>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Personal" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Personal" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

</reg_keys>

</win_nt>

</version_2>

<version_3>

<win_nt>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Plus" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Plus" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

</reg_keys>

</win_nt>

</version_3>

<version_4>

<win_nt>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Professional" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Professional" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

</reg_keys>

</win_nt>

</version_4>

<version_5>

<win_nt>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

</reg_keys>

</win_nt>

</version_5>

</uninstall_information>

Manually locate the registry keys and delete them and then try to install Bitdefender with its offline setup by extracting it and try the procedure from below link

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=173564

post-31288-1359520132_thumb.jpg

• For Lavasoft

<uninstall_information>

<version_list>

<version_1>

Lavasoft Anti-Virus Helix

</version_1>

</version_list>

<version_1>

<win_nt>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lavasoft Anti-Virus Helix" score="1" Mandatory="no"/>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lavasoft Anti-Virus Helix" score="1" Mandatory="no"/>

</reg_keys>

</win_nt>

</version_1>

</uninstall_information>

For Ad-Aware

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<uninstall_information>

<version_list>

<version_1>Ad-Aware SE Enterprise</version_1>

<version_2>Ad-Aware SE Personal</version_2>

<version_3>Ad-Aware SE Plus</version_3>

<version_4>Ad-Aware SE Professional</version_4>

<version_5>Ad-Aware</version_5>

</version_list>

<version_1>

<win_nt>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Enterprise" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Enterprise" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

</reg_keys>

</win_nt>

</version_1>

<version_2>

<win_nt>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Personal" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Personal" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

</reg_keys>

</win_nt>

</version_2>

<version_3>

<win_nt>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Plus" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Plus" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

</reg_keys>

</win_nt>

</version_3>

<version_4>

<win_nt>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Professional" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Professional" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

</reg_keys>

</win_nt>

</version_4>

<version_5>

<win_nt>

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

<regkey name="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware" score="1" Mandatory="no" />

</reg_keys>

</win_nt>

</version_5>

</uninstall_information>

Manually locate the registry keys and delete them and then try to install Bitdefender with its offline setup by extracting it and try the procedure from below link

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=173564

Yes !!! I found a few of the above listed "hkey local machine" entries. Deleted them, restarted and was able to install Bitdefender.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

• Georgia
    Options

Hi Rick49,

I'm glad to notice that you managed to solve the issue you first submitted. Is everything working OK now?

Thank you! :)

• columbo
    Options
    Yes !!! I found a few of the above listed "hkey local machine" entries. Deleted them, restarted and was able to install Bitdefender.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

Nice job, ONT :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Those entries should be cleaned by their uninstall tool or by any registry cleaner.

I am glad the product is now installed on that PC.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.