Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Account Confirmation Failure - Help Please

Options
averyss
edited February 2013 in Installation

Hi.

I've Downloaded and installed BD2013 ok.

But the account activation is failing.

I received two separate account activation emails and I've clicked the link in those emails. It then diverts me to the mybitdefender page (https://my.bitdefender.com/en_us/my/#page=main.index), but it just hangs there 'loading'.

Here are the email confirmation links I was sent:

removed

Can someone please unlock whatever is blocking my account from activating.

Thanks.

Comments

• werby3
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hello,

Your account exists and you can login BUT you've sent here, in public, your login details (on your 1st link) thus now, everyone is able to login to your account and see your license key.

You must immediately contact to BD Support (by chat), report to them about your above post and ask them to fix it.

Regards!

• columbo
    Options

Thank you werby3, as I saw that last night and reported it. I didn't want to say anything in a post as to hopefully not call attention to this faux pas, but it may have been right of you to warn averyss, and others here of being careful of what to post :unsure:

• alexx69
    Options
    Thank you werby3, as I saw that last night and reported it. I didn't want to say anything in a post as to hopefully not call attention to this faux pas, but it may have been right of you to warn averyss, and others here of being careful of what to post :unsure:

Hello columbo,

Last night I have reported those links anonymously for the same reason too, but the links are still here.

I hope that people from Bitdefender will to do the right thing if someone was already tried to abuse this license key !

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2013
    Options

Thank you alexx69 for your reporting this too :) Yes, I was hoping that since Romania is up earlier, that they would have fixed this by now. Thankfully we have some very thoughtful members here, who are looking out for each other.

• ...I didn't want to say anything in a post as to hopefully not call attention to this faux pas...

Hi columbo,

I posted all the details just for burning of key and I'd reported too.

Regards

• Hello,

Your account exists and you can login BUT you've sent here, in public, your login details (on your 1st link) thus now, everyone is able to login to your account and see your license key.

You must immediately contact to BD Support (by chat), report to them about your above post and ask them to fix it.

Regards!

Thanks to all for your 'discretion'. I realised after I posted that maybe those links weren't such a good idea, but, thinking that they were just links to confirm an account registration I initially didn't see the harm. Had I known that instead of just verifying the account, that link was actually then going to 'log me into' my bitdefender account, I certainly wouldn't have posted them.

Normaly, when I get these account verification emails from various companies I am diverted to that accounts Login Screen, where you would then manually login. The auto login was a surprise to me. Maybe this is something BD needs to look at.

Attime of writing this I can now login, but as late as thisafternoon I could not...I tried many many attempts over the past days, couldnt get to work, so asked for help, obviously in the wrong forum though.

Again, to those of you who reported this to Support, I thank you, you are most kind.

• werby3
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hello averyss,

You're welcome. We're glad you found a solution. :)

Regards!

• Hello averyss,

You're welcome. We're glad you found a solution. :)

Regards!

Wel I spoke too soon. After closing out of account, then attempting to go to mybitdefender again, same issue...it just sits there with the 'loading' circle spinning...

Switching to 'compatability view' doesnt seem to help.

It seems this login is a bit hit and miss for me.

• werby3
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hi,

Have you tried with another browser?

For me either IE 10 and Firefox (on Win 8 Pro) works perfectly on my BD account.

• Hi,

Have you tried with another browser?

For me either IE 10 and Firefox (on Win 8 Pro) works perfectly on my BD account.

Well, I could try, but I really shouldnt have to....Im using WIN 7 and IE 9.

Just did a shutdown restart, cleared cookies, temp internet files, data, history etc...

went to myBD and now dont even get the 'loading' circle, just a blank screen.

I'll look at IE10.

• As far I know, IE 10 runs only on Win 8.

You may try with Firefox, Chrome etc. It's very easy to download and install them.

Regards!

• As far I know, IE 10 runs only on Win 8.

You may try with Firefox, Chrome etc. It's very easy to download and install them.

Regards!

IE 10 for Win 7 works but alas after installing 10 still no joy with IE10.

• werby3
    edited February 2013
    Options

It's ok. I always learn... :)

I never trust IE. Please, give Firefox a chance (if you want) and let us know.

THX

• It's ok. I always learn... :)

THX

Me too never trust IE , With mozilla you should try. Download and install Mozilla and give a try.

• It's ok. I always learn... :)

THX

Well, what do you know...Firefox logged me straight into BD dashboard without a hitch. I'll continue to monitor... thanks for the tips.

• Hello averyss,

Happy to hear that.

I always use Firefox because I find it more simple, safe and compatible to the web than IE.

You may also try "Chrome" browser which although seems to be faster, I don't know why, I don't trust it.

In your case, something goes wrong with (your) IE but don't worry, there is no need to use it and it's a chance for you to use Firefox (or Chrome) and see the difference.

Regards

• Georgia
    Options

Hi averyss, you should be able to login to MyBitdefender independently of the web browser you use.

If you're still unable to access MyBitdefender with IE, please click the Start orb, type directly in the search box %TEMP% and hit Enter. Delete all files from the new window.

Then, clear the browsing history and cache:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...rnet-Explorer-9

Restart IE9 and let me know how is everything going. :)

Have a lovely day!