Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Net Zone Shows X

Options

Hi

When looking in the security centre it shows both Firewall and Steath Mode disabled and when clicking on the fix action or fix all now button nothing happens. I went to the Firewall settings and clicked on the "Firewall is Disable" box I get the following message "Failed to initialize Bit Defender Firewall drivers. Firewall Disabled"

Can anyone tell me in simple terms how I fix the Steath Mode and Firewall problems?

Thanks

Comments

• denisea3465
    Options

I installed the trial version of Total Security 2008 nearly two weeks ago. I am also getting the red X in the Net zone. It began yesterday, when I started getting Windows Security Center warnings that BitDefender was disabled and my computer is at risk. When I click the popup, Security Center shows my antivirus and firewall, however, are ON and BitDefender shows no issues to fix. However, the red X stays in the Net Zone box continually unless I restart my computer. After a few minutes, it happens again. What is happening? As I mentioned, this only began yesterday.

• I installed the trial version of Total Security 2008 nearly two weeks ago. I am also getting the red X in the Net zone. It began yesterday, when I started getting Windows Security Center warnings that BitDefender was disabled and my computer is at risk. When I click the popup, Security Center shows my antivirus and firewall, however, are ON and BitDefender shows no issues to fix. However, the red X stays in the Net Zone box continually unless I restart my computer. After a few minutes, it happens again. What is happening? As I mentioned, this only began yesterday.

since yesterday, I get the 'Bitdefender is disabled' popup every 1-2 minutes.

from time to time computer frozes, and I have to restart it.

when doing a manual update, the file 'lang/l_bdagent.ini' gets installed every time.

I tried to repair Bitdefender, than did a fresh install, and I'll never get back those almost two hours.

btw, if I bought a license of bitdefender TS 2008 for 3 computers, and I only installed it on the same computer (twice) in a few weeks span, I hope that won't count for two computers.

I HAVE to mention that I used Mcafee until now for years with no issues whatsoever, and now I feel like a jackass because I give BitDefender a try.

If you are undecided whether you should buy BD or mcafee, take it from a user of both - don't buy BD

• alexcrist
    Options

Please continue discussion here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=3504

It's about the same problem.

Cris.