Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Services Are Loading-please Wait

Options
trinaz
edited October 2012 in Installation

Just uninstalled BDIS2012 and installed BDIS2013 on our Win 7 Pro 32bit machine per installation instructiuons on forum using latest install file downloaded today. Boy o' Boy...would love to have a trouble free isntallation with 2013 on Win 7 32 or 64 bit ?

Problem now is that the BD icon appears in the system tray at startup but is completely white & says "Bitdefender Services are loading.....:

post-31073-1349741627_thumb.jpg

Problem is they never stop loading !?

However...I can launch BDIS2013m and work thru the different modules.....

post-31073-1349741804_thumb.jpg

Also launched RescueMode and scanned with no problems

I have seen other post on this issue...is there any resolution yet ?

Can not right click on the tray Icon to get status/build etc. Right click...nothing happens...

Repair/Install does not solve issue ?

Thanks...TiminAZ

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Please launch this file C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\about.exe

Tell me if you have the 16.22.xxx build installed.

Take care.

• Hello :)

Please launch this file C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\about.exe

Tell me if you have the 16.22.xxx build installed.

Take care.

Yes...appears to be current...also...BDIS2012 was running fine on this machine prior to BD uninstall tool removal...

post-31073-1350572403_thumb.jpg

Thanks...TiminAz

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

Please use the following Uninstall tool to remove Bitdefender 2013 from that machine:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...nstall_Tool.exe

Download and install the software and then run it to clean your computer's registry and temporary files:

http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup323.exe

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/usin...gistry-cleaning

Once the cleaning is complete it's recommended to restart your computer.

Now, please use the installation kit from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Let me know if everything is OK after.

Take care.

• trinaz
    edited October 2012
    Options

Please use the following Uninstall tool to remove Bitdefender 2013 from that machine:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...nstall_Tool.exe

Download and install the software and then run it to clean your computer's registry and temporary files:

http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup323.exe

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/usin...gistry-cleaning

Once the cleaning is complete it's recommended to restart your computer.

Now, please use the installation kit from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Let me know if everything is OK after.

Take care.

Ran the uninstall for 2013 from above link

Ran CCcleaner323 on PC (already use CCleaner current version)

Reboot

Ran the above installation file as requested:

post-31073-1350579833_thumb.jpg

Same issue after completeion screen but still have white BD icon:

post-31073-1350579904_thumb.jpg

After reboot and manual updateing...still have "services are loading now..."

post-31073-1350580045_thumb.jpg

post-31073-1350580691_thumb.jpg

Thanks...TiminAz

• I have same issue, followed the above steps, everything ran fine till update ran.

• viperidae01
    edited October 2012
    Options

I am having the same issue. I just purchased and installed 'BD Total Security 2013', and the 'B' icon in the systray continually indicates, "BitDefender services are still loading now, please wait". Just as the OP has shown in their screenshot, the 'B' icon is white color filled. I assume when everything is working normally, the icon should be filled with another color, perhaps 'green'.... ??? Everything else appears to be funtioning correctly, but this is annoying because it beckons the question; "Is it..... are all the BD services loaded, and is my system protected as it ought to be?"

The only other troubling issue I am seeing is with the FB app. Initially, the app seemed fine and indicated my FaceBook account was protected..... but now when I select this from the MyBitdefender Dashboard, all I get is a white background in GUI, with a 'Busy' loading icon. For some reason the FB app is not loading into the Dashboard.

Over the years I have purchased other BD products, but invariably, software bugs have led me back to the competition. I hope these issues are resolved soon.

:)

• Update to my previous post: I resolved the problem with the Dashboard SafeGo FB app, but the BD tray icon issue still exist..... still says BD services are loading!

• Ok, now yet another update to my previous post, and this is where things get really weird. My system had a 'criticlal' event, BSOD'ed, rebooted, and then BDTS2013 was forcing I change the system password. I did so, Windows 7 starts normally, and the 'B' tray icon now no longer indicates that BD services are still loading. Instead, it now says, "You are in Autopilot Mode", and magically everything seems to be running normally. In an earlier 'Vulnerability' scan, BDTS2013 did indicate a weak system password, in which I clicked the 'fix' button, but nothing happened and BDTS2013 did not seem to apply any action.... not even in successive reboots.

I am now assuming the the tray icon issue (BD is still loading services) was due to the software's inability to immediately impliment selected system changes..... e.g. the password change...... and this later resulted in the system BSOD. Again, now that the system has had the BSOD, everything seems fine with BDTS2013. I hope this is helpful, and perhaps the folks at BitDefender will look into this.... ?

• rootkit
    Options

For those that still encounter this issue, a product update was released. Your build should be 16.23.0.1637(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=162888

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a nice day.

• I have build 16.24.0.1682 of BTS 2013 and am having the same problem. I followed the steps listed above (uninstaller, reg cleaner, etc.) and it worked for a 2-3 weeks, but the problem has returned as of yesterday (19 Nov). I have reaccomplished the steps but it didn't work, plus I don't want to keep doing that every few weeks. I did update windows on the 18th... maybe that had something to do with it. Stupid windows. This is unfortunate as I have been a bitdefender customer for several years and usually have no problems.

Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB ram, Intel I7 3610QM

• I have build 16.24.0.1682 of BTS 2013 and am having the same problem. I followed the steps listed above (uninstaller, reg cleaner, etc.) and it worked for a 2-3 weeks, but the problem has returned as of yesterday (19 Nov). I have reaccomplished the steps but it didn't work, plus I don't want to keep doing that every few weeks. I did update windows on the 18th... maybe that had something to do with it. Stupid windows. This is unfortunate as I have been a bitdefender customer for several years and usually have no problems.

Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB ram, Intel I7 3610QM

I am also having this problem now with 1682Build. I have had this issue before and will probably have it again. I think it goes with the BD territory. I have had it with BDIS 2010,2012 and BDTS 2012 and 2013. I have yet been able to totally get rid of this issue permanently. It comes and it goes on an intermittent basis no matter what I do. By the way I run Windows 7 x64. I think the best you can do is probably run a repair install once or just reboot when it happens. It tends to go away for a while after you reboot. Don't run any other security software alongside BD. They get finicky about that.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I am also having this problem now with 1682Build. I have had this issue before and will probably have it again. I think it goes with the BD territory. I have had it with BDIS 2010,2012 and BDTS 2012 and 2013. I have yet been able to totally get rid of this issue permanently. It comes and it goes on an intermittent basis no matter what I do. By the way I run Windows 7 x64. I think the best you can do is probably run a repair install once or just reboot when it happens. It tends to go away for a while after you reboot. Don't run any other security software alongside BD. They get finicky about that.

I find that too, for some of the more minor glitches to reboot, waiting a couple of days then maybe to do a repair, before I get to concerned. Yet sometimes they persist, and are a bit more involved, as TiminAz thread shows.

edit: spelling

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options

A product update was released and it will be installed on your machine in maximum 24 hours. Your build should be 16.25.0.1710 (please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!

• Hello :)

A product update was released and it will be installed on your machine in maximum 24 hours. Your build should be 16.25.0.1710 (please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!

Christian,

On my PC - which has the same issue as others, the continual "Bitdefender services are loading now, please wait" - you can not right click on the Bitdefender icon in the system tray. Right or left clicking gives no response. I downloaded the product recently (past 48 hours) but it installed the 16.20.0.1483 build. Not sure why the recent download would install an outdated build, but there appears to be no way to update it.

As background, I had a trial of the full security software before I uninstalled and it and purchased the Internet Security 2013 version.

post-125269-1357007315_thumb.png

• Update: Disabling the Intel Wireless control and returning to the Windows wireless controls may have allowed the services to start. After multiple reboots and waiting, I noticed that the firewall settings could not be set to monitor WLAN. So I switched back to Windows wireless monitoring and rebooted and then the control panel graph (the circular one) loaded this time and the system tray showed I was in Autopilot mode.

Not sure if there is a correlation, but that was all that changed. I was then able to update to the latest version as well.

Unfortunately it did not fix the inability to attach to wireless services, but that is for another post...

• Hey , i buy the Total Security 2013 yesterday and have the same problem ! In system tray the icon says that "Services is loading , please Wait " I have the 16.25.0.1710

Please help me

• LOL , i change to User Mode , then go back to AutoPilot Mode and the problem is solved ! NoW the icon say " You are in AutoPilot Mode" :)

• Georgia
    Options

Hello all, thank you for reporting this display issue.

Does it persist? Do you need further assistance?

Thanks for keeping us updated! :)

• I think I may have started this thread on the 2012 edition. Wow a year already. To tell you the truth I don't think I have ever heard a full blown resolution for this hiccup, however what one of the guys said about putting it in AutoPilot and switching it back is a definite workaround if you are up for that. I have yet to see the problem now for a long time with BDTS 2013 and here is what I did, but this may not work for everyone and I don't suggest you doing it if you don't have a good working knowledge of the registry.

I think most computer users probably have or have had a prior security suite or antivirus installed on their machines. Now, I have found that BitDefender does not like having leftover security scraps alongside of their product. I have had Norton and Kaspersky installed before and I uninstalled them with their cleanup tools after I used the normal uninstall and guess what? Their were still files leftover in the registry. Alot of people like running Malwarebytes with Bitdefender or Superantispyware. To tell you the truth I wouldn't if I was you because you really don't need them. Bitdefender will do the job for you lock stock and smoking virus. I have yet to have any problems running Bitdefender solo and I like torrents and all the good stuff that can get you in Malware trouble. If you feel the need to run MBAM or SAS or one of the other antispyware programs, run it from a thumb drive. Once again, Bitdefender likes to fly solo.

Once I went into the registry and searched it for Kaspersky, Norton and MBAM and deleted the entries that came up rebooted I have yet to have anymore of those "services are loading please wait" or any other hiccups like the security center saying Bitdefender wasn't running please start it. I had all of those hiccups until I cleaned the registry of that other crap. Now I can't stress enough, PLEASE be careful of what you are doing inside of the registry. Always back up before you start and if you are not sure get some help. Like I said, doing this worked for me, but I felt comfortable enough to go at my registry with all these leftover garbage.

• columbo
    Options
    I think I may have started this thread on the 2012 edition. Wow a year already.

--------------

--------------

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=38137&hl= ;)

----------------

----------------

I think most computer users probably have or have had a prior security suite or antivirus installed on their machines. Now, I have found that BitDefender does not like having leftover security scraps alongside of their product. I have had Norton and Kaspersky installed before and I uninstalled them with their cleanup tools after I used the normal uninstall and guess what? Their were still files leftover in the registry.

I agree, as that seems to be a re-occurring issue, people leaving another Av to try Bitdefender without doing a thorough uninstall of the previous version, and thus our need in helping with the uninstalling, removal tools, and some minor registry deleting, seems to solve many of these issues. Sometimes it takes more, as in this example: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=173874

Alot of people like running Malwarebytes with Bitdefender or Superantispyware. To tell you the truth I wouldn't if I was you because you really don't need them. Bitdefender will do the job for you lock stock and smoking virus. I have yet to have any problems running Bitdefender solo and I like torrents and all the good stuff that can get you in Malware trouble. If you feel the need to run MBAM or SAS or one of the other antispyware programs, run it from a thumb drive. Once again, Bitdefender likes to fly solo.

Another good point, and option. Even though the free version of Malwarebytes is "sanctioned" to be able to run along side of BD, I like your idea :) Or once in awhile use one of the "non-install" online scanners that are out there.

• Randyboy99
    edited February 2013
    Options

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=38137&hl= ;)

I agree, as that seems to be a re-occurring issue, people leaving another Av to try Bitdefender without doing a thorough uninstall of the previous version, and thus our need in helping with the uninstalling, removal tools, and some minor registry deleting, seems to solve many of these issues. Sometimes it takes more, as in this example: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=173874

Another good point, and option. Even though the free version of Malwarebytes is "sanctioned" to be able to run along side of BD, I like your idea :) Or once in awhile use one of the "non-install" online scanners that are out there.

You were right on top of things weren't you. I love this security suite. I got a real good deal on 2 years so I wanted to keep it. Besides Bitdefender's scan engine is used by GData and I think another AV McAfee maybe. Anyway, my point being is that it's a respected and top notch scan engine that is either at the top or very near it every year. The problem was always with minor hiccups that was preventing the whole suite for running properly. I always thought it was the other Security leftover files that were causing the problems and lo and behold when I cleaned them it all fell in line. No more problems and I wanted to share that. I know BD doesn't like sharing the OS with another security program so I figured if it worked for me it might help some other folks if they know how to deal with the registry properly. Those other security programs always leave files in the registry even if you use their cleanup tools. I didn't have one AV that didn't have leftovers in the registry. They always leave something behind. You see how far I go back with BD and up till 5 months ago I was still having little hiccups. Once I dealt with the leftovers it ran top shelf. As for a second anti spyware, I run Emmisoft off of a flash drive, but I have yet had to use it for anything. I do run Secunia if you consider it a security program. I think Christian warned me about it once, but for me no issues. Thanx for your interest C!

As for the regedit, I use the Find and put in let's say Kaspersky and then search, delete the key or string that it finds and then F3 it keeps searching until it finishes the whole registry. You need to be careful as you know on deleting keys. Some of these AV's leave a crapload of keys san files in the registry even after using their uninstaller and cleanup tool. Just amazing at what you can find.

• Georgia
    Options

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Randyboy99. You are perfectly right.

However, caution should be taken when modifying the registry keys. If a wrong entry is deleted or modified, the PC might crash and/or the software might be corrupted. This is why we strongly advise all our customers to contact us first via email/chat/phone so we can guide them step by step.

2012 came with the confirmation that Bitdefender antimalware technologies are now clearly no.1 in the world according to the most reputed antimalware solutions testing organizations. You can visit Bitdefender's full history here: www.bitdefender.com/timeline

I hope you enjoy your Bitdefender product.

Have a lovely day!

• Thank you for your valuable feedback, Randyboy99. You are perfectly right.

However, caution should be taken when modifying the registry keys. If a wrong entry is deleted or modified, the PC might crash and/or the software might be corrupted. This is why we strongly advise all our customers to contact us first via email/chat/phone so we can guide them step by step.

2012 came with the confirmation that Bitdefender antimalware technologies are now clearly no.1 in the world according to the most reputed antimalware solutions testing organizations. You can visit Bitdefender's full history here: www.bitdefender.com/timeline

I hope you enjoy your Bitdefender product.

Have a lovely day!

Hi Georgia,

Don't know what I did to jinx myself, but I just happened to mouseover my no/tray and believe it or not "Bitdefender services are now loading please wait" was sitting there laughing at me. Just kidding about the laughing part, but the services are now loading was there instead of Protected. I quickly switched it to auto and then back which gave me protected, but why it did that I have no idea. Where do I go from here? should I just ignore this or look deeper? What do you think. As far as I know that is the first hiccup I've had in a long time. One thing I hate is security suite hiccups. I'm running BDTS 2013 build 16.26.0.1739 on a acer x64 Windows 7 with loads of RAM and an Core i5 CPU. As I have told you in these last few posts my registry is clean of any leftover security files or keys,strings.....