Auto Backup

I have been trying to set up my auto backup with bitdefender 2008 total security.When I get to the last step it asks for my windows password which I enter and it denies it saying it is wrong.I then try my bitdefender password and get the same message.I am sure it wants the windows password but why it can't read it I don't know but these backups are critical.Can anyone give me a heads up with this problem.Thanks Johnny :wub:

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited December 2007

Hello jaamc,

About what password are you talking about? The only password I could find in the Backup module was the one related to Backup Encryption, which is really not related to any of your Windows or BitDefender passwords.

Could you post a screenshot about the password that you can't set? (you don't have to tell us you real password...actually, I ask you NOT to tell us the real password :) )

Cris.

Edit: I deleted your other topic. From now on, please don't open multiple topic on the same subject.

• Hello jaamc,

About what password are you talking about? The only password I could find in the Backup module was the one related to Backup Encryption, which is really not related to any of your Windows or BitDefender passwords.

Could you post a screenshot about the password that you can't set? (you don't have to tell us you real password...actually, I ask you NOT to tell us the real password :) )

Cris.

Edit: I deleted your other topic. From now on, please don't open multiple topic on the same subject.

The heading for the box is (Set Running User).I could not copy and past it, and don't know how to do a screen shot.I got through the set up wizard and when I get to the last step this box, Set Running User, pops up and asks for my password and then denies me access to complete set up of scheduled back up.

• I really cannot find ANY pop-up like you said.

I'm running the Wizard from Security Center, it has 5 steps, and none of them requires a password.

Please attach a screenshot of the window. To make a screenshot, press the Print Screen button on your keyboard (it's located somewhere in the upper-right side of the keyboard), then open MS Paint and press Edit -> Paste. The save that file as JPG and attach it here.

Cris.

• I really cannot find ANY pop-up like you said.

I'm running the Wizard from Security Center, it has 5 steps, and none of them requires a password.

Please attach a screenshot of the window. To make a screenshot, press the Print Screen button on your keyboard (it's located somewhere in the upper-right side of the keyboard), then open MS Paint and press Edit -> Paste. The save that file as JPG and attach it here.

Cris.

HI Cris,I hope this is what you need.It is in the manage current attachments.The way I got to the pop up was to click on the red x under the back up icon and then the wizard will come up and just fill questions and click next for 2 or 3 boxes then you get to this.Thanks Johnny

post-7693-1197924021_thumb.jpg

• OK...I have never seen that pop-up, but I have some suspicions about what's causing it.

Are you, by any chance, running under a Limited Account in Windows?

Cris.

• OK...I have never seen that pop-up, but I have some suspicions about what's causing it.

Are you, by any chance, running under a Limited Account in Windows?

Cris.

I have never heard of a limited account.I have 2 computers here at my home.My son who lives in another state purchased bitdefender also and is having exactly the same problem.

You are not going to see this as long as your program is working properly.When I open Bitdefender it tells me I have one security issue to resolve and when I click on the icon it shows the isssue with a red box at the end and you click on the red box to fix the issue.Then you go through about 5 steps in setting up for backup and the last step you get the box asking for the password.

• I still need help with this issue,does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?I do not have a limited windows account,I am the administrator of this account.Maybe this is a flaw in the program that needs to be reported to bitdefender.You are the only help I have as you know emailing with a support ticket is a waste of time they do not respond and aparantly don't care after they get your money. :wub:

• Hello jaamc,

First of all, I'm sorry about this delay.

But, I don't know if you know: this is only a user forum. None of the BitDefender Evangelists (Moderators) work for BitDefender. We are doing this because we want to. For this reason, there is no other support person (as you said in your e-mail). Anyone who knows the cause/solution to your problem is welcome to post it.

Everything I say on this forum comes from my experience with BitDefender products. I also used BD Backup a few times, and I never reached the step in which it asks me for a password. This is the reason I didn't post back: I am trying to find out what is causing it, the to find a solution.

BUT: this is not the only thing I'm doing. Besides the great work I'm doing on this forum, I have a life outside of it. So please, be patient. I repeat: this is not a real support forum. If you really want real support, you can contact LiveAssistance.

Now, that these have said... have you tried to reinstall BitDefender, using BD Uninstall Tool?

Also, I'm trying to reproduce the situation of your computer. Could you tell me how many user accounts are on your system? Also, your main Administrator account (the default one) has any password?

Cris.

• Hello jaamc,

First of all, I'm sorry about this delay.

But, I don't know if you know: this is only a user forum. None of the BitDefender Evangelists (Moderators) work for BitDefender. We are doing this because we want to. For this reason, there is no other support person (as you said in your e-mail). Anyone who knows the cause/solution to your problem is welcome to post it.

Everything I say on this forum comes from my experience with BitDefender products. I also used BD Backup a few times, and I never reached the step in which it asks me for a password. This is the reason I didn't post back: I am trying to find out what is causing it, the to find a solution.

BUT: this is not the only thing I'm doing. Besides the great work I'm doing on this forum, I have a life outside of it. So please, be patient. I repeat: this is not a real support forum. If you really want real support, you can contact LiveAssistance.

Now, that these have said... have you tried to reinstall BitDefender, using BD Uninstall Tool?

Also, I'm trying to reproduce the situation of your computer. Could you tell me how many user accounts are on your system? Also, your main Administrator account (the default one) has any password?

Cris.

I have the total security disc is that the same as the install tool?

I am the only account.My computer was not password protected until biddefender kept asking me for it so I finally passworded it to see if that would solve the problem and it did not.

Please don't misunderstand me,I am grateful for all the help of all you moderators,without you we would have no help.Thanks :rolleyes:

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited December 2007
    I am the only account.

This is a little confusing. Are you running on the default Administrator account, or you have another account, with your name (which is also an Administrator)?

I'm asking this, because I'm also having only one account (besides the default Administrator account), password protected, and I'm not getting that message. If you have an account besides the Administrator one, do you know if the Administrator account is password-protected?

Could you tell me what Build number does your BD have? (right click on the tray icon -> About -> Product Build)

Cris.

• This is a little confusing. Are you running on the default Administrator account, or you have another account, with your name (which is also an Administrator)?

I'm asking this, because I'm also having only one account (besides the default Administrator account), password protected, and I'm not getting that message. If you have an account besides the Administrator one, do you know if the Administrator account is password-protected?

Could you tell me what Build number does your BD have? (right click on the tray icon -> About -> Product Build)

Cris.

the build is 11.0.15

As best I can tell it was not password protected until I set it up in my name and password after bitdefender kept asking for my password.When I went in and set it up the prompts were as though I was setting up a new computer.

• Hi. Was there ever any resolution to this? I just installed the latest version of Bitdefender total security 2008, and I'm having the same exact problem. My XP login account does have administrative privileges, but the backup password popup just won't recognize the password for the account.

thx.