Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013

Hi, I am not ever sure that a firewall in included, but I do not see anywhere in the GUI where a firewall option is shown. Is it included on Antivirus Plus 2013 ?? Ive looked all over the program ans see nothing about a firewall but Win7 reports that Bitdefender Firewall is turned off.

What am I missing here ? Or do I not even have it ?

Comments

• cohbraz
    cohbraz
    edited March 2013
    Hi, I am not ever sure that a firewall in included, but I do not see anywhere in the GUI where a firewall option is shown. Is it included on Antivirus Plus 2013 ?? Ive looked all over the program ans see nothing about a firewall but Win7 reports that Bitdefender Firewall is turned off.

What am I missing here ? Or do I not even have it ?

I am guessing that you are using Windows 8. The Action Center does not correctly report some AV products.

Bitdefender AV Plus does not include a Firewall, so the Action Center message is incorrect.

If you are indeed running Windows 8, go to the Start page and type Command. The Command Prompt search result should appear. Right click it and select to run as administrator.

Type this:

NET STOP WINMGMT /Y

After that finishes, type this:

REN %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\WBEM\REPOSITORY REP.OLD

Close the command prompt, restart the computer, and see if the Action Center works correctly.

• Antivirus Plus 2013

By the name itself, usually it will include something said like for a firewall. smile2.png

• By the name itself, usually it will include something said like for a firewall. smile2.png

Bitdefender's two-way firewall is available on Internet Security and Total Security.

• Bitdefender's two-way firewall is available on Internet Security and Total Security.

Thanks, that answers my question. No Firewall with my version of BD but Win7 Action center is telling me it is off. Oh well