Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Is 2008 Dieing With Bittorrent

Options

People, has anyone expirenced this behaviour?

At the beginning of the night everything was fine, no fix recomened. I let Azureus running over night and, in the morning I noticed that almost every protection had died. Lots of fix recomended and no internet conection.

Comments

• People, has anyone expirenced this behaviour?

At the beginning of the night everything was fine, no fix recomened. I let Azureus running over night and, in the morning I noticed that almost every protection had died. Lots of fix recomended and no internet conection.

Yes. Same issue when using uTorrent. I've been using Bitdefender for about a month and last week I noticed the same behaviour. 'Identy Control', 'Stealth Mode', 'Firewall' and 'Realtime Protection were all disabled.

• Yes. Same issue when using uTorrent. I've been using Bitdefender for about a month and last week I noticed the same behaviour. 'Identy Control', 'Stealth Mode', 'Firewall' and 'Realtime Protection were all disabled.

OK. Checking the services, I've noticed that the service 'BitDefender Virus Shield' got disabled. I started is again and to be safe I've I also changed the properties under the Recovery tab. For 'First Failure' en 'Second Failure' I choose 'Restart the service'. For 'Subsequent Failure' I choose 'Restart the Computer' (better safe than sorry).

Question is how is possible that a p2p application disables this service ? What's the use of running the 'Total Security' package when it's not working !!!!

I've just bought a '3 year' license, so I'm not happy with this behaviour.

• hello there, i am hamxa, and here to report a SERIOUS PROBLEM with the bitdefender products (Total Security 2008& Internet Security 2008)... i have tried both your products mentioned here, and they work great BUT both of them have a severe security breach!!! i.e. when i insert my flash drive (Creative MuVo TXFM 512 MB), the real time scanning abruptly terminates(without any notification) and this i figured out by checking the 'FileZone' bar as well as the EICAR test file !!! the realtime protection quits until the system is restarted.... it might also be noted that this is not the case with the kingston flash drives, that work just fine no matter what,,,, i have tried un/reinstalling your products, reformating my flash drive, even changing the filesystem form fat32 to fat, while i was evaluating your product, but no use... i must also mention that i consider my level of expertise to be quite advanced in terms of computers and hardwares, with a lot of troubleshooting skills too... point is i've tried my best to see if it was some lapse at my side but hate to say,,,no... here is the complete detail of the machine i am running bit defender total security(build 11.0.15) on...

Pentium M 1.7 GHz

400 MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache

Acer Notebook with 768 MB of ram.

60 GB hard drive.

also that my usb drivers are completely functional and no compatibility issues have been observed b/w the USB interfacing with other softwares....

previously i have been a fan of norton products( was running NIS-2007), but it disappointed me this year when vundo attacked.... this product of yours felt real good, but the solution to this anomaly is inevitable living in a corporate culture... please advise, AWAITING, HAMXA.

• s4u
    Options

hamxa

Please do not spam other threads. you got your own thread now