Bitdefender Free

Hi,

I just got a message that BitDefender free wont start and has encountered a error. It suggests a restart to fix the problem, which does not help, and send the .dmp log to the developers. Logs Attached.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=11474" data-fileid="11474" rel="">BitDefender_Threat_Scanner.dmp.txt

Comments

• Msgodzilla
    edited April 2013

Hi Technical Support,

I also got the same error message and asked me to send the Threat Scanner report to the technical support. I do not know how to find the log file and therefore I simply attached the Threat Scanner screenshot. It would be great if the technical support can assist me to solve this issue or guide me the next step.

post-140043-1365481378_thumb.png

• As did I.

http://antaeus.dk/BitDefenderThreatScanner.dmp

It wouldn't allow me to upload dmp files or zip files, so I posted a link from my website.

• Hello Technical Support,

I also found that the error message occured again when I typed the message in the Bitdefender Forum and forgot to attach the attachment, please see attached. Thanks for your help.

post-140043-1365484224_thumb.png

• Hi

I got the same message. Uninstalling and reinstaling don't solve the problem !

Need help

Tks

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello,

Please read this topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=44101

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

• Hello,

Please read this topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=44101

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply, i was not sure if i sent .dmp log properly. Please let me know if i can be of further assistance.

Regards

• I just want to say that in the past day or two this has happened on all our computers at home (4).

Repairing does not solve the problem BTW.

Looks like I will have to install an alternative AV solution until this is resolved? At the moment none of the computers is protected.

• Hi

Thank's Christian all fine now.

regard's

• Like many others, my installation is broken. Nothing works.

The repair tool didn't work...

I tried emailing support. That doesn't work because I can't find the license key, anywhere. No key, you can't send the form. That's nice...

I tried emailing webmaster, thinking he/she could perhaps forward my message. Nope, in spite of entering the proper six digit code (I'm not blind, and entered the correct code) that didn't work either. That's nice...

I tried the live chat. They wanted the same elusive license key, but it didn't matter, there was a configuration error so that didn't work either...

Will the AV ever be fixed? I know you 'get what you pay for' as the saying goes, but I've never seen anything like this before. I am truly gobsmacked.

• Hi,

Fix worked fine for me. Thanks.