Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Hard Drive Work All The Time

Hi,

Recently my HD start working a lot. I can hear it constantly doing something even while I just read a book or check my emails. I did found out that process called vsserv consume up to 80% of my HD. I had problems with my PC slowing down for a few days now but today it work very slow. Can I do something with it or I have to remove BitDef2013?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

Today problem escalated to another level. It took me 10 minutes to open web browser and get to this forum. I'm not sure I will have enough patience to remove BD2013 from my system. I really need help as I'm working from home and this PC is my prime tool. Before I bought your product I was using ESET where I had same problem. That's why I came to you guys. Help me to fix this problem as it's very difficult to work on this PC.

Thanks

• esq
    esq
    edited April 2013

Hi,

I just disabled Autoscan in Antivirus window. All back to normal. I don't remember when it was so quiet in my room. Usually I can hear my HD working all the time. However I've no virus protection now (do I????).

Please help

Thanks

• Hi,

I just disabled Autoscan in Antivirus window. All back to normal. I don't remember when it was so quiet in my room. Usually I can hear my HD working all the time. However I've no virus protection now (do I????).

Please help

Thanks

Yes, you have no Virus protection. What OS are you running? Do you have everything up to date as far as system updates go? The next questions are you running any file sharing software such as bittorrent clients? If you are not make sure no is using your computer as their own personal server. Open manage adapters and see the traffic flow in bitdefender? How many kbs are you sending up and down? If you are sending 1 meg up or something that could be why your hard drive is running so like that as you are sharing files. The other thing or worst case scenario is back up all your data now because your hard drive could be failing that grinding sound is usually a bad thing but that is just my one cent. People much more experienced than me need to help you here.

• How are you doing esq did anything get better or worse? What has happened? Please let me know. Thanks and sincerely,

Rich W