Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Command Line Options For 2013 Products

Options

Where can i find a full list of command line options for your Internet security or Antivirus 2013 product. I have both business and home users and i want to have scripting ability like other antivirus providers have.

Ideally I would want to silently

install, register, scan and report, scan and clean, silent update, perhaps stop and start the on access scanner (temporary disable)..the later may be harder with inbuilt self protection so not as important.

Do you have command line options for these?

it seems installation of setupdownloader.exe /silent works

Some information on the forums said command scan via BDC /? but in 2013 there is no BDC.exe file on my computer.

a scanner is running C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\odscanui.exe wonder if this can be added with commands or run silently?

When i opened the register product i saw it was running bdwizreg.exe /reg is there ability to register your license code without human interaction.

"C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\bdwizreg.exe" /reg MAYBELICENSECODE

Do your business products have this ability if consumer one doesnt?

Mark.

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Good questions asked.

• Pushkar112
    Options

Any reply Support?

• Ashjuk
    Ashjuk ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Any reply Support?

H*ll hasn't frozen over yet...

• antikythera
    Options

Please try contacting support via the official channels directly rather than on the user forum. Then you might get an answer quicker. Support personnel cannot be expected to sit and read through every thread on here.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html (you will get redirected to your regional page)

• I did call suport BD hotline:

Answer: "Definitly no bdc.exe any more, it has been removed because functions can be triggert by MyBitdefender online portal."

I did not try by myself, but logging in to MyBitdefender needs online status and seems to be not practicable in case of virus infection!?

Pls discuss...

• antikythera
    Options

Seems like a backwards step to me but I guess their reasoning is that we are still protected because the realtime scanning should check for malware on file extraction.

All other tasks normal tasks an average home user would carry out can be completed by the program GUI.

silent install would be nice for PC suppliers or even an OEM installation kit. business products are much more likely to support scripts and command line prompts for remote manageability.

In the case of an infection where the computer won't connect to the internet you have the rescue disc option.

• columbo
    Options
    Please try contacting support via the official channels directly rather than on the user forum. Then you might get an answer quicker. Support personnel cannot be expected to sit and read through every thread on here.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html (you will get redirected to your regional page)

That could be and is a consideration, but when it's ~80+ treads throughout this forum that go unanswered indefinitely, or for week(s) at a time, can be a little discouraging to the thread posters.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    I did call suport BD hotline:

Answer: "Definitly no bdc.exe any more, it has been removed because functions can be triggert by MyBitdefender online portal."

I did not try by myself, but logging in to MyBitdefender needs online status and seems to be not practicable in case of virus infection!?

Pls discuss...

I could not understand how can it be the alternative of Commandline Scan.... no idea at all on this ill-logical relevance of both. And as far as the scanning from Online Portal, where are the commandline switches or alternative to that and where are the scan settings if I want to run the customized scan?