Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Crash Just After Startup

Options

Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but received an error message from BD free,

right after XP SP3 boot up, just as an Adobe Flash update reminder window appeared on the screen.

Here's the info from the event viewer. Except for this, BD free seems to be running normally.

Faulting application gzserv.exe, version 1.0.15.908, faulting module ContinuousScan.dll, version 1.0.15.946, fault address 0x00011a5e.

EDIT I looked further back into the system event log, and found a few other things from the last 3 or 4 days,

for example:

The Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Should I uninstall and reinstall?

Comments

• Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but received an error message from BD free,

right after XP SP3 boot up, just as an Adobe Flash update reminder window appeared on the screen.

Here's the info from the event viewer. Except for this, BD free seems to be running normally.

Faulting application gzserv.exe, version 1.0.15.908, faulting module ContinuousScan.dll, version 1.0.15.946, fault address 0x00011a5e.

EDIT I looked further back into the system event log, and found a few other things from the last 3 or 4 days,

for example:

The Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Should I uninstall and reinstall?

EDIT 2 - I ran the repair from control panel /add remove programs.

It did it's thing then mentioned that a new version had been installed and I should reboot.

After rebooting, it seems OK now. Perhaps something went wrong earlier and the repair

corrected it?

• Hello,

For further investigations we need a file from bd avfree, named "gzserv.log". It's located in product's installation folder (C:\program files\bitdefender\antivirus free edition\gzserv.log)

Can you please send us that file? You can upload it via www.sendspace.com, www.mediafire.com

Thanks for feedback,

Alex

• davexnet
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hello,

For further investigations we need a file from bd avfree, named "gzserv.log". It's located in product's installation folder (C:\program files\bitdefender\antivirus free edition\gzserv.log)

Can you please send us that file? You can upload it via www.sendspace.com, www.mediafire.com

Thanks for feedback,

Alex

It happened again this morning, right after startup. Here's the log.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ijnyyddiz2lngny/gzserv.zip