Very Slow Start-up

I don't know if this is the right place for posting this problem, but I can't see a problem-related section on this forum. Please move this topic to its right place if necessary.

So, I have an annoying problem with Bitdefender Internet Security 2013. When I turn on my computer, it takes a very very long time till the Windows7 login appears. After the Windows loading logo dissappears, the mouse pointer appears, but the background stays black for about a minute, then the blue background of Login screen appears with the password input box, and then, after ~5 seconds, the user image appears above the password input box, and then I can finally log in.

I don't know where the problem comes from. I will post below my laptop configuration.

Processor: Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge 2.4 GHz

Memory: 8 GB DDR3

HDD: 500 GB (not SSD)

Video: nVidia GeForce GT 640M

I am looking forward to your response.

Comments

• I don't know if this is the right place for posting this problem, but I can't see a problem-related section on this forum. Please move this topic to its right place if necessary.

So, I have an annoying problem with Bitdefender Internet Security 2013. When I turn on my computer, it takes a very very long time till the Windows7 login appears. After the Windows loading logo dissappears, the mouse pointer appears, but the background stays black for about a minute, then the blue background of Login screen appears with the password input box, and then, after ~5 seconds, the user image appears above the password input box, and then I can finally log in.

I don't know where the problem comes from. I will post below my laptop configuration.

Processor: Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge 2.4 GHz

Memory: 8 GB DDR3

HDD: 500 GB (not SSD)

Video: nVidia GeForce GT 640M

I am looking forward to your response.

Here's something I had bookmarked from awhile back, it's a set of techniques to find out what's causing your slow boot issues. If you follow the techniques you should be able to identify where there root cause problem is. Also, when was the last time you did a boot time defrag or chkdisk of your system volume?

• Maybe there are also a lot of start up programs configured to launch at start up. You might want to check at Run, the msconfig and the start up tab. smile2.png

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Cipri,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums!

If you are still struggling with this issue, please post here a support tool log to see what is wrong:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

Also follow the steps below and send us the result:

a ) Go to this page

and download the autoruns file.

b ) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c ) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d ) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e ) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then post it here.

If the files are too big to attach, upload them on

http://www.sendspace.com or http://www.mediafire.com

and post the download link.

If you were already asked to generate these logs, disregard the above message and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.