Another Security Product Co-existing With Bdts 2013

I was wondering if anyone has another security product or 3rd party scanner installed alongside Bitdefender 2013? The reason I ask is before I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2013 I had both Pro versions of Superantispyware and Malwarebytes AntiMalware. I know that BD doesn't allow for install of their own prduct if you have a security product already installed. I f you were to install one of those programs I mentioned you would have to do it after BD was already installed. I just feel thaat as good as Bitdefender is I could still benefit from a secondary scanner to make sure nothing has slipped by. I bet this has been asked a million or so times already, but not by me so if anyone has some real info that is credible about this subject I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Comments

• Kobac
    Kobac ✭✭
    I was wondering if anyone has another security product or 3rd party scanner installed alongside Bitdefender 2013? The reason I ask is before I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2013 I had both Pro versions of Superantispyware and Malwarebytes AntiMalware. I know that BD doesn't allow for install of their own prduct if you have a security product already installed. I f you were to install one of those programs I mentioned you would have to do it after BD was already installed. I just feel thaat as good as Bitdefender is I could still benefit from a secondary scanner to make sure nothing has slipped by. I bet this has been asked a million or so times already, but not by me so if anyone has some real info that is credible about this subject I would really appreciate hearing from you.

After installing Bitdefender Total Security 2013, I have also run the free versions of:

1. Malwarebytes

2. Sophos Virus Removal Tool

3. Kaspersky tdsskiller

4. Trend Micro Rootkit Buster

These are all on-demand scanners and therefore are not running real-time and in competition with Bitdefender. AFAIK, on-demand scanners are fine to run with Bitdefender, but real-time scanners like the ones that you mentioned are not.