Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Registeration/activation Failed -- Region Error

Options

Just bought Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 3 PCs/1 Yr online ebay.

After installation, registration does not work, resulting in the following message:

"The license key is restricted in your region and can't be used to register the product you have installed. Contact support to get help with this issue."

I am aware of regional software, etc.

I contacted BD support, but not a word yet.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks you all and have a great day.

bit

Comments

• antikythera
    edited August 2013
    Options

unfortunately you have fallen into the trap of being sold a code purchased by the vendor for use in another part of the world to be sold on for profit on ebay to users in this region illegally and most likely multiple times over.

never buy software on ebay for this reason. you don't know what you are getting until it is too late. it may seem like an absolute bargain but can often cost far much more long term.

• unfortunately you have fallen into the trap of being sold a code purchased by the vendor for use in another part of the world to be sold on for profit on ebay to users in this region illegally and most likely multiple times over.

never buy software on ebay for this reason. you don't know what you are getting until it is too late. it may seem like an absolute bargain but can often cost far much more long term.

antikythera, Thanks for your reply.

So, if I have been horn-swiggled, I will have eBay and PayPal take care of a refund. The $ is not that important, it's the principal and honesty.

This is the first time I have ever purchased software from eBay or not from the manufacturer's site, and it will be the last; lesson learned.

Thanks again.

• antikythera
    Options

you're welcome. I hope you get the refund sorted and yes it is all about principals and honesty. ebay will stamp on this vendor but they need to know who is selling what by people like yourself reporting the purchase issue. also for every one that closes down, another will spring up.

it isn't pleasant when that happens but you aren't the first and won't be the last to have experienced this which I know is of little if any comfort right now.

I myself purchase most times through Amazon (not marketplace) as I have never had an issue with any software from them over the years.

• you're welcome. I hope you get the refund sorted and yes it is all about principals and honesty. ebay will stamp on this vendor but they need to know who is selling what by people like yourself reporting the purchase issue. also for every one that closes down, another will spring up.

it isn't pleasant when that happens but you aren't the first and won't be the last to have experienced this which I know is of little if any comfort right now.

I myself purchase most times through Amazon (not marketplace) as I have never had an issue with any software from them over the years.

I received a full refund from the seller on eBay. I am reporting to eBay about the seller selling non-regional software here in the U.S.A., even though the seller lives here, also. Go figure.

No response from Bitdefender support yet. I guess I'm not important. I was thinking of purchasing Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 from Bitdefender's website, but what seems like a non-existent support department tends to make me look at another Internet Security Suite to purchase.

Thanks again for the responses here.

• Pushkar112
    Options
    I received a full refund from the seller on eBay. I am reporting to eBay about the seller selling non-regional software here in the U.S.A., even though the seller lives here, also. Go figure.

No response from Bitdefender support yet. I guess I'm not important. I was thinking of purchasing Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 from Bitdefender's website, but what seems like a non-existent support department tends to make me look at another Internet Security Suite to purchase.

Thanks again for the responses here.

should have done live chat

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello jljpnpbitter,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Bitdefender can not take responsibility for the license keys sold on eBay because this website is not our partner for online purchase.

I did a follow-up on your ticket ID's (201308121020536 & 201308141030292 ) and I noticed that my colleagues responded to your request in 48 hours. Indeed, the key you bought online is geo-restricted since the beginning of August, 2013. It can be registered only in Bénélux and France.

As we appreciate your interest in our Bitdefender products, we are willing to offer you a Bitdefender license key valid for 3 months. You will have your system protected so the time to sort things out.

Let us know what if you accept our offer.