Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall And Game Mode Issues...

Options

I bought BD Internet Security based on the review at av-test. My understanding was it was top rated, everything just worked and life was peachy. So far this has been a huge headache.

First is gamer mode. Ever since installing Bitdefender now both Steam and Origin randomly crash, this is unacceptable. I turned off game mode, but they still crash.

Second issue is I can not RDP out. I threw mstsc.exe (both 64 and 32 bit versions) in the exception rule, but it still crashes upon connecting. Even if I disable the firewall, RDP still crashes. If I uninstall BD, RDP works fine.

What am I missing?

Comments

• I bought BD Internet Security based on the review at av-test. My understanding was it was top rated, everything just worked and life was peachy. So far this has been a huge headache.

First is gamer mode. Ever since installing Bitdefender now both Steam and Origin randomly crash, this is unacceptable. I turned off game mode, but they still crash.

Second issue is I can not RDP out. I threw mstsc.exe (both 64 and 32 bit versions) in the exception rule, but it still crashes upon connecting. Even if I disable the firewall, RDP still crashes. If I uninstall BD, RDP works fine.

What am I missing?

Hey, I think I figured out the RDP/MSTSC issue. Bitdefender didn't disable Windows firewall. I disabled Windows fireall in the services, and now it seems to be working.

I haven't checked, but I'm hoping it fixes the games crashing issue as well.

• should do. I use Steam on W8 and have windows firewall service off. no problems like that so far so probably was a firewall conflict. on the whole game mode works okay but I have turned off automatic mode change and switch it manually so I know it has been done and don't get the popup message when the games load.

• I really thought this was fixed, but its not. The windows firewall is disabled, and I still get crashes. My friend who has Bitdefender AV Plus doesn't have these problems at all. I have made a video showing my RDP issue.

So basically now I only use the AV portion of Internet security, is there a way to only use AV Plus with my key?

• I am getting frequent crashes playing LOTRO now, and I am pretty sure it is related to BD. I have always gotten infrequent crashes with LOTRO, but now it is really bad, and I doubt it is coincidence that this started after installing BDTS. I will try disabling Windows Firewall service as a first step, I guess. It's hard to test because the crashes are so random. Have you learned anything new since your last post?

• I have bought it 10 says ago based on several test and I have also many issues which I never encounter in Norton I used before. Not only games like League of Legends but also some remote control application. I saw at forum LOL was discussed already in 2009 but issues are still here. I open ticket with BD, if there is no answer soon, I will go back to Norton or Kaspersky.

• What issues are you having with LOL?