Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Softactivity Keylogger Not Detected--why?

Options

I have two different monitoring solutions installed on my PC: Desktop Scout and SoftActivity Keylogger 7.4.

hxxp://www.softactivity.com/spy-software.asp

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security detects Desktop Scout (as it should), but does not detect SoftActivity Keylogger, and I'd like to know why.

SoftActivity Keylogger is not detected by real-time protection, nor by the on-demand scanner, regardless of the settings used for either.

Is there some agreement Bitdefender has made not to detect certain commercial keyloggers?

Comments

• Please allow me to answer my own question.

Commercial monitoring software is a tricky thing. Some companies have sued and pursued other legal means in response to their software being flagged by anti-malware software. Also, a parent/administrator/company/rogue NSA employee/non-rogue NSA employee generally has the authority and ability to install monitoring software on computers they own and/or control and/or want to pwn, and do not want this software being detected and/or removed by those being monitored.

Hence, there is a strong need to avoid detecting a certain class of commercial monitoring software titles.

Thank you to all who replied. Oh, wait.

• Please allow me to answer my own question.

Commercial monitoring software is a tricky thing. Some companies have sued and pursued other legal means in response to their software being flagged by anti-malware software. Also, a parent/administrator/company/rogue NSA employee/non-rogue NSA employee generally has the authority and ability to install monitoring software on computers they own and/or control and/or want to pwn, and do not want this software being detected and/or removed by those being monitored.

Hence, there is a strong need to avoid detecting a certain class of commercial monitoring software titles.

Thank you to all who replied. Oh, wait.

Agree, but I don't think there is such "agreement Bitdefender" different keyloggers anti-detected ability are different. I install ankeylogger for mac( http://www.anykeylogger.com/keylogger-for-mac.html) on my mac book It was never been detected.