Bing Search Is Not Showing Bd Search Advisory

4-5 days ago the Green circle with a check mark stopped showing when I run a Bing Search. I also have went to google and it does not show there. I never use Yahoo search, but I tested it and it does show the search advisory.

Seemed to happen about the same time my browser started redirecting me. About half the time I would right click a link, then click "open in new tab". That would open but another window would open in a new window. I did some research and tought I had a rediecrt virus so I ran BD. Also ran windows malicious software tool and Windows defender. Out of those 3 nothing was detected. So I ran a system restore 2 days earlier than the problem and the redirect problem went away but I still couldn't get BD "search advisor" to show on a bing or google search. It would only show in a yahoo search.

Yes its turned on my my BD total security 2013 Privacy setup. My Scan SSL is also turned on. Everything is turned on in my Privacy Control settings Antiphishing tab.

Here's another thing different I noticed lately. May or maynot have anything to do with the above search problem

Sometimes when I click BD icon on taskbar, then click setting, it only shows the 5(General, Antivirus,firewall,update,safebox), it does not show all 10. But if I open it from start on desktop, it shows all 10 setting. Once I get it showing all 10 it doesn't got back to only showing just 5

I use IE8, don't like IE9, have tried it twice and uninstalled both times, so PLEASE do not waste my time telling me to install IE9 or don't tell me to use someother browser. Iv'e used IE for 10+ yrs and I will not try anything else.

Sorry but I have read to many help tips on tons of other boards, and some peeps only "HELP TIP" is to run someother browers. Why do they do that? Its like cars, someone has car trouble with their Chevy and some ###### tells them to by a Ford. I hate it when people say, so please don't tell me to try another browser.

Comments

• Charly1954
    edited October 2013

Is BD search advisor the same at BD Trafficlight? If so then according to the link below its not availible for my browser IE.

If this is true then why have I had BD search advisor every since I dnlded BD 2013? I am assuming trafficlight and what I had is not the same or I would not of had it before...

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/trafficlight.html