Email Protection

I have had two occasions to use a wifi hot spot and both times I have had a number of viruses detected by BD free version. My question is whether BD offers sufficient protection from viruses that come in via emails. It is possible that there are new viruses that are more effective in getting through. I am using version 1.0.20.1083. I noted some sluggish behavior from the program for example it sometimes would not complete a scan and clicking to display the interface sometimes did not work. I was going to uninstall and reinstall but I found the repair option. This seemed to fix the anomalous behavior. Reading the forum it looks like I was lucky not to try to use the Win 7 uninstall. How should I uninstall if I wished to do so? Thanks.

Comments

• I have had two occasions to use a wifi hot spot and both times I have had a number of viruses detected by BD free version. My question is whether BD offers sufficient protection from viruses that come in via emails. It is possible that there are new viruses that are more effective in getting through. I am using version 1.0.20.1083. I noted some sluggish behavior from the program for example it sometimes would not complete a scan and clicking to display the interface sometimes did not work. I was going to uninstall and reinstall but I found the repair option. This seemed to fix the anomalous behavior. Reading the forum it looks like I was lucky not to try to use the Win 7 uninstall. How should I uninstall if I wished to do so? Thanks.

BD AV Free will protect you from phishing sites that are linked in emails. It will scan email attachments that are opened. My suggestion is to use BD AV Free with Malwarebytes (MB). MB is very good at detecting malware though it is not advertised as a AV program. If you don't want to buy the pro version of MB you can use the free version and run regular scans. If BD AV Free misses something MB should catch it. If you do this for a month or two and MB is not finding any malware during its scans it means that BD AV Free is doing a good job as advertised.

As far as removing BD AV Free I think there is a BD app you can download from this website that will properly and fully remove it.

As always remember. No AV program is going to catch all malware so it is always best to use common sense when surfing the Net and with emails you receive.

• BD AV Free will protect you from phishing sites that are linked in emails. It will scan email attachments that are opened. My suggestion is to use BD AV Free with Malwarebytes (MB). MB is very good at detecting malware though it is not advertised as a AV program. If you don't want to buy the pro version of MB you can use the free version and run regular scans. If BD AV Free misses something MB should catch it. If you do this for a month or two and MB is not finding any malware during its scans it means that BD AV Free is doing a good job as advertised.

As far as removing BD AV Free I think there is a BD app you can download from this website that will properly and fully remove it.

As always remember. No AV program is going to catch all malware so it is always best to use common sense when surfing the Net and with emails you receive.

Thanks for the reply. I will be careful and perhaps use repair again if BD free version begins to act erratically. It may not have been doing its job either when some scans would not complete and it was inconsistent in opening the interface. I sometimes had to click multiple times. It might be time to use the paid version. I will use the uninstall provided on the forum if I do uninstall. I was going to use Windows uninstall when I saw the repair option. I may have lucked out.