Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Lord Of The Rings Online

Options

Anyone who has had crashing problems with LOTRO after installing BD? I just installed BDTS, and then when I played LOTRO I was having frequent crashing problems- about every 1/2 hour it seemed on average. Now, I have always had crashing issues with LOTRO, but nothing anywhere close to this frequency for a long, long time. BD is the only recent change to my system, so that is why I am suspicious it is related to the crashing going on.

Just wondering if any other LOTRO players out there have experienced similar issues?

Comments

• Yeah, adding lotro to the exclusion list was the first thing I tried, but still crashed not long after logging in. I have a list of things in my head I want to try for troubleshooting it lol, but it will probably take some time as random crashing is hard to test. And I'm not sure BD is even the culprit lol. Checking out Event Viewer is a good idea.

• So, I added the game executable to the Excluded Processes list, and created a full permissions rule for the executable also in the Firewall, also turned IDS off. Crashed within about 15 minutes of starting combat activity, then crashed again about 10 minutes later.

Fully disabled BD, rebooted. Played same content for about 60-90 minutes with no further crashes.

Event Viewer is showing the faulting module as ntdll.dll; is it possible that BD is preventing or interfering with lotro making a call to ntdll.dll, thereby causing a crash?

A reply from BD tech support or someone otherwise knowledgeable with some possible insight would be much appreciated :) Meanwhile, I will continue to test.

• So, I discovered a couple of settings mistakes on my end. First, a new issue popped up after a game patch where I could no longer log in because the client could not find the logon servers. I got around this by turning off the firewall.

I then discovered I had put the beta testing client executable into the Excluded Processes list by mistake instead of the regular client executable. I corrected this and also added the entire game folder to the Excluded Folders list. I loaded the game and had a crash in short order.

After troubleshooting the logon issue with tech support, I discovered I had not set up the firewall rule for the game client properly. I only had Trusted checked off instead of all the network types checked (Home/Office probably being the key one there). This solved the logon issue.

By this time I had discovered that Active Virus Control was behind the crashing issue. If I turned it off, I did not crash. While correcting the firewall rule solved the logon problem, I really didn't think it would help with the crashing since I had been crashing before even with the firewall turned off. And I had just crashed even after ensuring the Exclusions were configured properly, but this was right before fixing the firewall rule. So I decided what the heck, I'll give it a go anyway. I started by setting ACV to Permissive and played for a while with no issues. I then turned it back up to Normal, and tested it in a more demanding environment, playing in the PVP zone where the previous crashes had been most noticeable. I just played for several hours with no crashing :)

I'm not quite ready yet to say the crashing issue is solved, but it's looking good at the moment.

• At this point, after several days of game play with no crashes, I am ready to call this issue SOLVED :D