Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Conflicting Messages After An Auto Scan

Options

Did my first automatic "deep sweep" scan toady with newly installed Version 1.0.20.1083, on what should be a clean XP system.

The scan log shows:

. . .

Infected items detected: 70

. . .

No infected items have been found.

Also, the Threat Control Page is empty.

So did BitDefender just delete 70 items from my system without giving me any trace or choice, or did it "change its mind" and decide the 70 "infected items" weren't really so bad?

I'm hoping it's the latter. The only hopeful clue is that the last product update announcement includes the change to "Exclude False positives after Quarantine rescan," so could that mean the 70 items were rescanned and left in place?

This is worrisome, and I noticed several prior similar questions, so hopefully someone knows the answer.

Thanks.

Comments

• hi folks

newbie here - please go easy ...... :)

but yes ive had a conflicting message as well - 44 items items detected after scan c:

yet further down the screen "no infected items have been found

please explain ?? - see attached screenshot

post-163477-1383164243_thumb.png

• sephstorm
    edited November 2013
    Options

I've been seeing this for a year now. I assume your files, like mine, are "password protected" If so, see here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...sword+protected

The problem is they are not actully password protected. They may have some kind of protection, I can't tell. If, as the article indicates, it is simply a notification that BDF detected a un-scannable file,

I would think they could quite easily come up with a better notification that clearly states that the file is not known to be infected.

An On Demand scan has completed.

The scan took: 00:04:00

Files scanned: 62841

Infected items detected: 4

Files known to be clean: 0

Scan Paths

Path Status

C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation completed

Scan Results

No infected items have been found.

Ignored items

The following files could not be scanned due to insufficient privileges.

File Name Action

c:\program files (x86)\vmware\vmware workstation\pkg\p2v.cab None (password protected)

c:\program files (x86)\vmware\vmware workstation\reconfigurationdatastore.dat None (password protected)

c:\program files (x86)\vmware\vmware workstation\pkg\remote~1.cab None (password protected)

c:\program files (x86)\vmware\vmware workstation\vmware agent.msi None (password protected)

FYI:I've uploaded/searched 2 of the files to VirusTotal so far, 0 detections on any reports as of yet...

• In case you guys aren't aware, you have to click the arrow at the bottom to navigate through the report, it'll tell you this data. IAC, In addition to what I said, one of the files is digitally signed by VMWare...