Nero Demo Virus - Application.mws

"File c:\documents and settings\tong's family\local settings\temp\nerodemo12550\toolbar.exe

infected with Application.MWS"

I just received this message when i was away from my computer. So i want to find out the virus but it is not at that directory and i cant find it anywhere in my computer even i enable to view hidden file. What kind of this virus is and will it cause damage to my computer? I had run the deep scanning and still no result for the virus.

Comments

• Hi i hate viruses,

please open windows explorer

go to windows -- temp file

you will see on the right site files they can all delete

only the file by Bitdefender can delete in safeboot.

Before you that do disable the realtime protaction from BD,

after that be shure to turn on.

greets

loony

• maybe the virus shield automatically deleted the infected file... please see the settings

• Hi,

you can download nero, after that

disable the realtimeprotection and install.

Now start in safeboot.

Go to the temp folder and clear them.

when you will you can start an short scann.

greets

loony

• "File c:\documents and settings\tong's family\local settings\temp\nerodemo12550\toolbar.exe

infected with Application.MWS"

I just received this message when i was away from my computer. So i want to find out the virus but it is not at that directory and i cant find it anywhere in my computer even i enable to view hidden file. What kind of this virus is and will it cause damage to my computer? I had run the deep scanning and still no result for the virus.

Please check this for more information about Application.MWS: Application.MWS

When you install Nero you'll probably have the option to chose whether to install the bundled application or not. Even if it was extracted to the temp folder (local settings\temp) it was probably removed when the installation finished (so you won't find that file there). Because of it's characteristics the file is not detected as Trojan, but as Application, as a warning for some people who might not want it on their systems.

• Thanks for the help.

I had followed what you guys said but still no result in finding the virus even in safe mode. Maybe it had been deleted somewhere. Just hope my pc now is fully protected. By the way, I'm using BD Plus v10.

• Hi i hate viruses,

first of all thank you. I must say sorry for this FAQ Site they is is only in german.

I hope they will you.

http://www.bitdefender.de/site/Main/view/FAQ-Animiert.html

greets

loony

• Hello i have viruses,

That folder is, by default, hidden in Windows, so you cannot find (view) it. If you haven't previously enabled the option to show hidden files, read this topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=3573

To be sure the file is not there any more, make a Full system scan. If there are no alerts, then you're clean.

Cris.