Bitdefender Dump File When It Wasn't Installed

I don't know where else to post this. I thought about installing Bitdefender Free, but I'm pretty sure I never installed it, and I don't see any trace of it on my system. But I was shutting down my Windows 8.1 system one day, and on the "Shutting Down" screen, all of a sudden an alert box appeared and said something like: "A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information has been created at C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. You are strongly encourage to send the file to the developers of the application for further investigation of the error."

I'm concerned about a random dump file getting generated for a program I don't have installed. It's a 2-week old system too. At first I was concerned it was a virus, but I haven't detected any on my system using multiple scanners, and I think it would be odd for a virus would be completely invisible except by alerting me to a dump file.

Any idea on how this could have happened?

Comments

• I don't know where else to post this. I thought about installing Bitdefender Free, but I'm pretty sure I never installed it, and I don't see any trace of it on my system. But I was shutting down my Windows 8.1 system one day, and on the "Shutting Down" screen, all of a sudden an alert box appeared and said something like: "A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information has been created at C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. You are strongly encourage to send the file to the developers of the application for further investigation of the error."

I'm concerned about a random dump file getting generated for a program I don't have installed. It's a 2-week old system too. At first I was concerned it was a virus, but I haven't detected any on my system using multiple scanners, and I think it would be odd for a virus would be completely invisible except by alerting me to a dump file.

What other security/anti-malware software have you installed?

Numerous other anti-malware software companies use Bitdefender's anti-malware components within their own AV/IS products.

• I don't know where else to post this. I thought about installing Bitdefender Free, but I'm pretty sure I never installed it, and I don't see any trace of it on my system. But I was shutting down my Windows 8.1 system one day, and on the "Shutting Down" screen, all of a sudden an alert box appeared and said something like: "A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information has been created at C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. You are strongly encourage to send the file to the developers of the application for further investigation of the error."

Is your Browser using BD Quickscan?

• The anti-virus programs I have installed are the latest versions of Avast Free, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free Edition, Spybot, and pre-installed Windows Defender. And I have Spywareblaster installed.

I never used BD Quickscan.

• The anti-virus programs I have installed are the latest versions of Avast Free, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free Edition, Spybot, and pre-installed Windows Defender. And I have Spywareblaster installed.

I never used BD Quickscan.

Appears others have had this problem. You can find a post on the Spybot Forum about it and also this on the Bitdefender Forum

see here Problem With Threat Scanner?