Router No Longer Accessible After Installing Total Security 2008

Hello,

Since I've installed Total Security 2008, I am no longer able to access my router through its web interface on 192.168.0.1, even if I disable the BD Firewall or close BD. I can ping the router and it's working fine, just that I cannot change any settings on it.

I'm using IE7 on Win XP Prof. What could be the problem?

tia

chris

Comments

• Hello Chris,

Please follow these steps:

1. Open BitDefender Security Center -> Advanced
    2. Go to Firewall -> Traffic
    3. Create a new rule, with the following settings:
      • Check Apply this rule for all applications
      • Protocol: Any
      • Action: Allow
      • Click Advanced
      • Direction: Both
      • Source Address: Any
      • Destination Address: Host
      • Type the router IP in the IP field
      • Network Events: All
    4. Click OK and Add to create the new rule
    5. Click Edit Profile
    6. Search for the rule you just created and move it to the top of both lists.
    7. Then go to the Zones tab and create a new zone, for the router (add that IP as Trusted IP).

It should now work. Please post if it fixes your problem.

Cris.

• Thanks for replying.

Apparently your suggestion doesn't seem to work, maybe because I disabled the BD firewall (I don't have any other firewall running).

Are there other settings that I can try out?

tia

chris

• Kenw
    edited January 2008
    Hello,

Since I've installed Total Security 2008, I am no longer able to access my router through its web interface on 192.168.0.1, even if I disable the BD Firewall or close BD. I can ping the router and it's working fine, just that I cannot change any settings on it.

I'm using IE7 on Win XP Prof. What could be the problem?

tia

chris

You might want to check if Jave or Active X is allowed. I know my Zyxel router requires one of the two. Not sure about other routers.

• You might want to check if Jave or Active X is allowed. I know my Zyxel router requires one of the two. Not sure about other routers.

Both Java and ActiveX are enabled. Also, the router was accessible before I installed BD, so it has definitely to do with BD.

• Add ip to trusted zone. Also, what error or what happens exactly.

• Add ip to trusted zone. Also, what error or what happens exactly.

Adding the IP to the trusted zone didn't work. I keep getting this page not found error when I enter the routers ip address in IE7 (and in Firefox). I can perfectly ping the router via the command prompt.

• I can't ping between any machines running bitdefender. I can ping the router and a linux server.

I've got a ping from the linux hitting one of the boxes running bitdefender. when I clear the inbound rule list the ping works. Then I get a message telling me it is unable to clear the rule list then bit defender asks me to send an error report, then the submission fails. After this the ping is disabled again. This is common across 2 windows xp machines

There are no updates available and I want my money back on the licenses because I don't have time for this.#

• I can ping between machines and I can ping the router. But still no solution for accessing the router interface.

I also reported this problem to the support section of BD. After about 10 days, still no answer from them, even not a confirmation that they are working on it. Example of really bad service, if you ask me.

• I don't have Bitdefender IS2008, but Antivirus 2008. I had the same problem to access my router setup. I could ping the IP but wasn't able to open the setup page. When I disabled "Scan HTTP traffic" and most of Privacy Control (Registry Control must not be disabled) it worked again. This is only a temporary solution but I don't need access to the router page every day.

• Thanks a lot Michigan. Disabling the HTTP scan worked for me. You're a lot smarter than those guys from the support section!