Bdselfpr.sys Bsod

BDIS build 17.23.0.996

Engine version 7.51996

as title

bdselfpr.sys v2.0.0.36

crash every 2 or 3 boot_s

minidump here http://www.sendspace.com/file/bizhcg

At the moment have done repair, no change.

And this, except value was 1 not 3

Click on the registry entry called "Bdselfpr" and from the right, double click on the Start registry entry . Here change the value to 4 then click on Ok

Comments

• ll014n1866@blueyonder.co.u
    edited December 2013

Amazing, I have been using BDIS for 2 yrs.

When it starts crashing my PC no one from support can be bothered to reply.

Noted and the apropriate action will be taken.

• This value is still 4

2. Click on Start from Windows, choose Run, type regedit then click on Ok . Here go to the next location : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ .

3. Click on the registry entry called "Bdselfpr" and from the right, double click on the Start registry entry . Here change the value to 4 then click on Ok

• Hello David7,

Thank you for reporting this.

For the moment I will need to know if the system the issue occurs on is overclocked, and if the Blue Screens appear when the CPU is in high usage. I believe that the game uses a lot of resources, and in the presence of Bitdefender it tends to cause the shutdown.

If possible, please try doing a clean boot and allowing only Bitdefender to run along with the main Windows services, and let me know if the issue still appears in this scenario.

Also, please install both recommended and optional Windows updates.

Thank you very much for your cooperation, we are looking forward to hearing from you!

• ll014n1866@blueyonder.co.u
    edited December 2013
    Hello David7,

Thank you for reporting this.

For the moment I will need to know if the system the issue occurs on is overclocked, and if the Blue Screens appear when the CPU is in high usage. I believe that the game uses a lot of resources, and in the presence of Bitdefender it tends to cause the shutdown.

If possible, please try doing a clean boot and allowing only Bitdefender to run along with the main Windows services, and let me know if the issue still appears in this scenario.

Also, please install both recommended and optional Windows updates.

Thank you very much for your cooperation, we are looking forward to hearing from you!

What game?

crash occurs while loading on start up

• Hello, my apologies for the reference to a computer game. I had opened another forum post regarding a game and Bitdefender at that time.

Please follow the steps indicated in my last post and answer the questions, to know how to proceed next:

- install both recommended and optional Windows updates

- is the PC overclocked?

- does the issue persist on a clean boot (allowing only Bitdefender to run along with the main Windows services)?

Thank you, Happy Holidays!