Unanwered Qustions

1. If real-time protection is turned off, are backgound automatic scans also turned off or do they need to be turned off separately?

2. Is the program cloud-based? Is its functionality reduced when there is no internet access?

3. How frequently are Virus Definition Files updated?

Comments

• As with any AV program to keep totally protected you need the latest virus definitions. These are downloaded as they become available - usually every 1 to 2 hours for me - and are stored on the computer. If you have no internet for a period of time you will only be protected by those virus definitions you already have although when you connect they will be brought up to date.

I don't know about active protection in BD Free.

• 3. How frequently are Virus Definition Files updated?

the program checks every 15 mins for that.

• 1. If real-time protection is turned off, are backgound automatic scans also turned off or do they need to be turned off separately?

2. Is the program cloud-based? Is its functionality reduced when there is no internet access?

3. How frequently are Virus Definition Files updated?

As I understand:

1. There are two separate switches and I have never seen one override the other. Quick sweeps are done every couple of days and deep sweeps are performed weekly. I don't think a full disk scan is performed automatically (perhaps when installing), but it may be requested.

2. Bitdefender Free Edition uses cloud assisted analysis for a protection comparable (equal) to that from the standard product. When there is no internet connection the local protection is slightly reduced (and false positives may be found).

3. The program checks for any updates every hour and applies them automatically. Signature updates do not come necessarily that often and, certainly, program updates are rare,

• As I understand:

1. There are two separate switches and I have never seen one override the other. Quick sweeps are done every couple of days and deep sweeps are performed weekly. I don't think a full disk scan is performed automatically (perhaps when installing), but it may be requested.

Well for me, it seems that it stopped doing the quick sweep scans on the third of this month. Something may be wrong with my program though. And the last full scan (automatic) was on January 26.

• Well for me, it seems that it stopped doing the quick sweep scans on the third of this month. Something may be wrong with my program though. And the last full scan (automatic) was on January 26.

Can you post a pic of the "log" summary?

How often do you use the computer?

Is the oomputer set to hyperbernate or sleep when it is not in use?

Is it ever turned off?

What other anti-malware software if any eg Malwarebytes anti-malware to you have on the ocmputer?

• Well for me, it seems that it stopped doing the quick sweep scans on the third of this month. Something may be wrong with my program though. And the last full scan (automatic) was on January 26.

Also, If a computer is on battery power as opposed to AC, BD AV Free will postpone scanning

• Can you post a pic of the "log" summary?

How often do you use the computer?

Is the oomputer set to hyperbernate or sleep when it is not in use?

Is it ever turned off?

What other anti-malware software if any eg Malwarebytes anti-malware to you have on the ocmputer?

1. I cleared it, but it detected nothing recently.

2. No.

3. Not really unless the computer blue screens or I am required to restart because of Windows updates.

4. I do have other anti-malware software, but none that have real-time scanning.