Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Online Bill Pay Totally Nonfunctional With Bd Installed!

Options

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Bitdefender Total Security 17.25.0.1074

Firefox 27.0.1

I do not know which component of Bitdefender Total Security (BDTS) is at fault, so I was not sure which subforum to put this in. So, I put it in "General".

I have had this problem whenever I had a BD product installed, going back to last year when I tried a variety of them (BD Win8 Security, BDTS, etc.). I did report the problem several months ago, when queried for a reason for uninstallation.

Since I bank with a local credit union, I do not want to say which one it is (privacy!). The credit union uses onlinebank.com as its bill pay vendor (as many do). The problem is that BD prevents onlinebank.com from working. Therefore, I cannot pay bills online. Therefore, this is a severe problem for me!

I can log into my credit union site. I click "bill pay", and onlinebank.com tries to load. Sometimes I get a partial page load, but the connection ALWAYS times out.

I have tried:

* Disabling the firewall

* Disabling the antivirus on-access scanning

* Disabling "Scan SSL" under Privacy settings

* Disabling "Protection against fraud" under Privacy settings

* Disabling "Protection against phishing" under Privacy settings

* Whitelisting onlinebank.com under Privacy settings

None of these things make the slightest difference. Onlinebank.com times out just the same.

I (very grudgingly) logged into my credit union's web site with Internet Explorer 11, and the same problem happens there. It is NOT browser specific!

The errors I am getting (which amount to timeouts):

In Firefox:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

In Internet Explorer:

This page can't be displayed

I have just reported this issue using the reporting tool in BDTS. What I want to know is...

Can anyone give me a workaround that isn't a total hassle (e.g. uninstall BDTS every time I want to use bill pay), please?

Comments

• heterodox
    edited February 2014
    Options

I forgot to mention that I have tried Safepay. It does not help. The onlinebank.com tab does not even open in Safepay (i.e. I click "bill pay" on my credit union site, and ... nothing happens). So, Safepay is NOT a suitable workaround.

I feel a refund coming on...

• BD support replied to me and advised me to disable "Scan SSL". I love it when I am advised to do something I clearly explained I had already tried.

I'd be shocked if the next reply didn't advise me to try uninstalling/reinstalling.

• Don't bother replying, not that anyone was going to--I'm getting a refund due to this issue and others.