Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Settings Guidance Please

Options

Hi, my laptop which is running Bit Defender Total Security & Windows 8.1, seems to be blocking me playing a video to my Xbox One. Right Clicking the file & selecting Play To Xbox One. i get a brief pop up advising that Bit Defender is blocking a port scan & the file doesnt play. I am hoping someone can help me configure Bit Defender to allow this connection.

Any guidance would be appreciated please

Cheers

John

Comments

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    Hi, my laptop which is running Bit Defender Total Security & Windows 8.1, seems to be blocking me playing a video to my Xbox One. Right Clicking the file & selecting Play To Xbox One. i get a brief pop up advising that Bit Defender is blocking a port scan & the file doesnt play. I am hoping someone can help me configure Bit Defender to allow this connection.

Any guidance would be appreciated please

Cheers

John

Well, personally, I hope never to be cursed with owning an Xbox One. And if I did, I would try to get rid of that curse as soon as possible. ;)

But on to your problem. All right, there are several settings you can try. Click the Bitdefender Total Security>Settings>Firewall.

Under the "Settings" tab, click "General Rules". A window should pop up. Make sure "Incoming Remote Desktop Connections" is set to "Allow". Click the Close button.

Continue to stay under the "Settings" tab, and click "Application Rules". Add program rules as necessary.

Now, click on the "Advanced" tab. Make sure "Internet Connection sharing" is set to ON, and "Block Port Scans" is set to "OFF".

Let me know if any of this worked. :)