Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security Wont Install

Options

I purchased the Bitdefender Total Security yesterday morning, and I have yet to be able to get it to install. I have been trying every solution on the forums and support pages that pertain to my issue.

When I try to install Bitdefender I get the initial "Welcome to Bitdefender, Before continuing, we need to remove any other antivirus solutions." Aftter I click on Continue the window disappears and thats it, nothing else happens (I can see the Bitdefender Setup Downloader 32bit in my task managers processes tab, but the program doesnt do anyhing).

I have tried re-downloading bitdefender time and time again, I have removed my ASUS AI Suite, I have tried removing the previous antivirus programs I had (Avast and AVG) using both the manual way and the uninstallers for both, in and out of safe mode. I have tried downloading and installing bitdefender with my Windows Defender firewall both on and off. I have tried to system restore to a point where I had my previous antivirus still installed so that bitdefender could uninstall it. I have tried to run bit defender as both an admin and a normal user, in and out of compatibility mode. I have tried unlocking the download.

Nothing I do seems to effect it in any way.

I am trying to install Bitdefender on my 7 month old ASUS M11BB - B05 Desktop PC. I have Windows 8.1 64 bit.

If anyone could help me get this up and running I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• When I have installed Bitdefender , I have not had the installer want to remove anything, which may suggest that it is seeing something still installed on your system.

What Antivirus was installed at point of purchase? Could there be remnants from that? If it was McAffee then you need their special removal tool, it is a pig to remove . ( http://download.mcafee.com/products/licens...atches/MCPR.exe )

The only other thing to try is running the Bitdefender uninstaller available here >> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=311&id=42 << and try again with a fresh install.

• When I have installed Bitdefender , I have not had the installer want to remove anything, which may suggest that it is seeing something still installed on your system.

What Antivirus was installed at point of purchase? Could there be remnants from that? If it was McAffee then you need their special removal tool, it is a pig to remove . ( http://download.mcafee.com/products/licens...atches/MCPR.exe )

The only other thing to try is running the Bitdefender uninstaller available here >> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=311&id=42 << and try again with a fresh install.

The only Anti Virus programs ive had on here were AVG and Avast I've run the uninstallers for both of them and the one for Bitdefender multiple times, still no luck.

• superssjdan
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I purchased the Bitdefender Total Security yesterday morning, and I have yet to be able to get it to install. I have been trying every solution on the forums and support pages that pertain to my issue.

When I try to install Bitdefender I get the initial "Welcome to Bitdefender, Before continuing, we need to remove any other antivirus solutions." Aftter I click on Continue the window disappears and thats it, nothing else happens (I can see the Bitdefender Setup Downloader 32bit in my task managers processes tab, but the program doesnt do anyhing).

I have tried re-downloading bitdefender time and time again, I have removed my ASUS AI Suite, I have tried removing the previous antivirus programs I had (Avast and AVG) using both the manual way and the uninstallers for both, in and out of safe mode. I have tried downloading and installing bitdefender with my Windows Defender firewall both on and off. I have tried to system restore to a point where I had my previous antivirus still installed so that bitdefender could uninstall it. I have tried to run bit defender as both an admin and a normal user, in and out of compatibility mode. I have tried unlocking the download.

Nothing I do seems to effect it in any way.

I am trying to install Bitdefender on my 7 month old ASUS M11BB - B05 Desktop PC. I have Windows 8.1 64 bit.

If anyone could help me get this up and running I would really appreciate it.

Uninstall of those programs via their add/remove programs is inadequate.You need to download and save to desktop and run their removal tools which can be downloaded hereavast removal tool

and here avg removal tool download

These tools are best run in safe mode,followed by a reboot.You do this for each tool.

The removal tools tend to get all the important entries that can cause issues.I don't condone manually editing the registry unless you know what you are doing.As this is a new purchase and install,should the above not help the situation,contact support here contact support

and they may be able to help you in more detail.

Regards

• I found the issue, it was Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, once I was able to locate and remove that, Bitdefender installed and was up in running in a few minutes, thank you all for your help, I really do appreciate it.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ Nyx

That's terrific! Thanks for sharing the solution. I will now close this topic.

This discussion has been closed.