Problems With Bitdefender And Firefox

Sunyata2
edited April 2014 in Privacy

I'm not sure how to ask this question because I don't know the proper name for the feature. Please bear with me. :) If I use internet explorer as my browser, when I do a google search, Bitdefender will alert me to which of the sites that come up are safe, and which are not. I think this is called Search Advisor? In any event, the same is not true when I use Firefox -- which is my preferred browser. There are no green or red check marks next to any of the sites in a search. I'm sure there must be an easy fix to this. Can someone help?

I am using Firefox 28.0 and Windows 7.

Thanks for any input. My apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere already -- I could not find the solution.

Comments

• AdrianHa
    edited April 2014

Open Firefox, look at the top, just under the address bar.

You should see a small black tab, click on that tab and the toolbar will/should open. The settings for the browser can be selected there.

• Sunyata2
    edited April 2014
    Open Firefox, look at the top, just under the address bar.

You should see a small black tab, click on that tab and the toolbar will/should open. The settings for the browser can be selected there.

I don't see a black tab and don't have a bitdefender toolbar as pictured. :(

• I just looked at my son's rig. He has Firefox 28 and latest BD IS2014. The tab and bar are working fine.

Have you changed theme, that can cause problems ? It could also be blocked by other add-ons.

• Looking at previous threads, I susoect that you are running something like the " No ******" add-on.

That would prevent the toolbar code being injected into the page.

• Sunyata2
    edited April 2014

This is what my screen looks like.

I've never made a thematic change.

I checked add-ons and saw something called bitdefender Traffic Light. Perhaps it's this (not Search Advisor) I was referring to. I've just installed it and will need to reboot.

Thanks for your reply.

post-177028-1396716374_thumb.jpg

• AdrianHa
    edited April 2014

Turn off any add-ons/plug-ins.

If that doesn't help then I suggest you create a support ticket through the GUI.

Bottom right of the GUI is " Help and Support " , click on that, choose " Contact Support" , follow the instructions, the system will create a package that goes to the support techs.

• I had this problem. I went in and disabled my theme. I had to then tell firefox to enable the default theme. Not sure why you would have to tell it to enable the defaualt if you removed the other themes. Once I did this I got my bitdefender tab back. Not sure why a theme would break the tab tho.

Teuitonic