Unable To Install Bitdefender

I recently purchased Bitdender Internet Security 2013. I am now trying to install the product.

When I attempt to install I get the following error message: 'Bitdefender 2013 cannot automatically uninstall eTrust. We recommend that you manually uninstall this program and runt Bitdefender 2013 installation again.'

I cannot find this eTrust under programs and features to uninstall.

I have tried the link to the uninstall toll for CA Etrust, but the link does not work. Please help. I really don't want to pay for a software I cannot use.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello meena76,

Please don't hesitate to post back if you still need our help with removing the remaining files of the other security solution.

We will gladly assist you. :)

• You can probably looks at "All Programs" then look for the etrust folder. usually, there's an uninstall exe that you can click there. smile2.png

• i have the same problem. but mine is mcafee. hot to uninstall this? i also have try MCPR, and restart it, but it did not work. please help me!

• i have the same problem. but mine is mcafee. hot to uninstall this? i also have try MCPR, and restart it, but it did not work. please help me!

Run regedit, Find everything with the string mcafee, remove all such strings and run the installer again.