Requested Multiple Times...

Same.

I must admit I am very disappointed with the 2015 upgrade.

New version is more expensive with less options. See post above.

I will appreciate restoring those three functions (Please BITDEENDER bring back those old features ...Paranoid mode , Network Activity and also Network traffic monitor (upload and download) has been some of the standout features of 2014 version - quote from other post on this forum)

I have already suggested to add to Paranoic Mode an option to choose from ‘Permit once’ and ‘Permit permanently’. Alas in vain.

Why do not offer two version of Bitdefender Total Security, the simplest possible one for a very standard user and other one ‘Pro” for advanced one with more option to choose?

Why do you treat users as ******?

If I do not want a certain option I can always disable it!

In this case I have no option to choose!

Hope my demand will be taken in consideration.

One more remark.

A text colour in Firewall Rules window - why on earth you have proposed a blue colour?!

It is much more difficult to read than a normal black text!

Your 'graphic designer' should have to take more consideration on a practical side of using the product.

He/her seems to completely dismiss a common sens and the purpose of that piece of software!

It is not a beauty itself that count but the ease of use above all!

In essence I am not able to find any visual and functional improvement in this 2015 version named Total Security while I am not even advised (Paranoic Mode) which program is trying to connect to network/internet at given moment.

Comments

• BRING back plz the network activity.... and network traffic monitor .. this is an important feature . By the way I love the new dynamic look of bitdefender but cmon guys no network activity,.... essential feature

• I agree with both of you :)

• I agree. I'm disappointed to find out that the paranoid mode and some other features are dropped in this new version.

• BRING back plz the network activity.... and network traffic monitor .. this is an important feature . By the way I love the new dynamic look of bitdefender but cmon guys no network activity,.... essential feature

+1

• I too agree , Please do not ever delete any feature

• I agree with this even if I don't use BD Firewall ;).

+1.

• PO'd
    edited August 2014

I registered here just to warn people about this horrible product.

It deleted 85 important files with no way to get them back and ALL these files were clean.

There is no way to set the default to quarantine the files by default like EVERY OTHER AV program I have seen.

If they were in the US I would try to start a class action lawsuit against this company.

Yes, it is very good, perhaps the best, at detecting viruses, but with the horrible, useless no, worse than that, damaging interface

it is a danger to my and every other computer on the planet.

Walk, no, RUN away from this product until they start listening to their customers, stop treating them like ******, and make a usable product.

Yes, I read, or tried to read, the manual for this product.

Even though I was trained as an attorney but have been making my living with computers since 1970 the manual is unclear and fails to answer any of the questions I have.

Good luck if you need to recover anything since the windows, locked in size, are too small to work with.

So you have a product which deletes harmless important files with no way to recover them unless you stop everything else and an interface which takes 5-6 times the time to use if you have to recover something. They actually get people to pay for this? Unbelievable.

This is possibly the worst interface I have ever seen in a program.

It's easier and less trouble to get a virus occasionally and then remove it.

Do yourself a large favor. Find another product.

I'll go back to trying to recover the files I need by downloading them off the internet again after I write down their names.

If I try to download them with Bitdefender active it will just block them. What a kludge. What a disaster What a crappy product.

• I totally agree with all of you. Bitdefender Total Security 2014 was far more better and feature rich than this 2015. I really want them back into 2015 version. I might sound funny requesting features of old version into the latest but, they were really very useful, particularly Network Activity and Network traffic monitor options. Please take necessary steps. Btw, I am new to this forum.

• Thanks J23, for starting this thread. I've been out of the loop here for awhile, and only beta tested the 2015 version, so this information is appreciated. My sister's license is about to expire, after reading this thread, I will give her the instructions for a 2014 AV+ install.

Yes, Bitdefender, kindly return some of our features back. You keep taking user controls or features out of our hands every year, seeking to make it more "minimalistic" and light on resources?

Welcome to the forum, raj29. Unfortunately from the 2011 -> 2012 version, every year we lose a bit of user control and or features of some kind :(

• Thanks J23, for starting this thread. I've been out of the loop here for awhile, and only beta tested the 2015 version, so this information is appreciated. My sister's license is about to expire, after reading this thread, I will give her the instructions for a 2014 AV+ install.

Yes, Bitdefender, kindly return some of our features back. You keep taking user controls or features out of our hands every year, seeking to make it more "minimalistic" and light on resources?

Welcome to the forum, raj29. Unfortunately from the 2011 -> 2012 version, every year we lose a bit of user control and or features of some kind :(

Hi...Welcome back
  • lol, it may be short lived Lee, my Canadian friend, but we'll see ^_^ It's good to see you're still around :)

• Same.

I must admit I am very disappointed with the 2015 upgrade.

New version is more expensive with less options. See post above.

I will appreciate restoring those three functions (Please BITDEENDER bring back those old features ...Paranoid mode , Network Activity and also Network traffic monitor (upload and download) has been some of the standout features of 2014 version - quote from other post on this forum)

----------------

----------------

----------------

Since I just installed the 2015 IS version today, I may have to back track a bit on my previous comments ^_^ For those who didn't (but maybe now realize) Paraniod Mode is part of the 2015 IS and TS versions, the option just isn't in the location we're familiar with (Firewall Settings), but rather in the personal drop down arrow General Settings at the top of the main UI.

I was impressed with the included option of setting our own update interval schedule compared to our modifying a BD file in Safe Mode in Notepad, very nice :)

Another grievance that was dealt with kindly in the General settings is the ability to chose if we want to receive special offer and product notifications, as this really set a lot of people off in previous years forums and threads.

So, we may have lost a feature or two, but gained some instead. One persons loss, may be another ones gain?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited November 2014

Sorry for the above attachment glitch, I just missed the Edit cut off time to delete it, to instead submit a Photoshop image, for the non members (Guests) to see. I'm out of practice ^_^

paranoidmode_zps0adf3047.jpg