Safepay And Acronis True Image Scheduler Helper

Hi

I have just re-installed Bitdefender Total Security - version 17.28.0.1191

Platform is Widows 7 Home Premium S/P1 32 bit

When I double click the Safepay Icon I get a warning that ACTI Scheduler Helper is interfering with the operation of Safepay.

I have read quite a few messages of this kind on the forum, but can't actually find a solution.

Please can someone advise if there is a solution, and what needs to be done to fix the issue ?

Many thanks.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Hello ?

If I click on the 'continue to safe pay' it appears to work.

Is this how the program is supposed to work ?

Or is there something that I am missing ?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello shot-bowl,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your concern.

You have nothing to worry about. Bitdefender is functioning as designed. For more details, please read our article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1210.html

If you wish to keep Acronis and use Safepay at the same time you can. Just click 'Continue with Safepay' just like in the image available in the above article.

Let us know if you have other questions or concerns.

• Hi Georgia

Thank you for your response.

Very much appreciated !

• Hello shot-bowl,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your concern.

You have nothing to worry about. Bitdefender is functioning as designed. For more details, please read our article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1210.html

If you wish to keep Acronis and use Safepay at the same time you can. Just click 'Continue with Safepay' just like in the image available in the above article.

Let us know if you have other questions or concerns.

This notification method doesn't come across as a good solution to dealing with this 'conflict', even if the Acronis program element is entirely responsible for it.

Those of us who aren't about to remove Acronis software, and do not wish to be burdened by the annoying notification each time we try to login to a banking institution are now required an additional step to continue. This should be avoided.

How about giving us a choice to ignore all such notifications in the future (via the use of a checkbox or the like) and moving us directly to the correct page/input window?

Thank you,

JF

• Out of interest which build of True Image is this happening with? I use True Image 2012 Plus Pack and also maintain a machine running TI2014. Neither of which have Safe Pay problems described above happened with

• Out of interest which build of True Image is this happening with? I use True Image 2012 Plus Pack and also maintain a machine running TI2014. Neither of which have Safe Pay problems described above happened with

It happens with Acronis 2014. Probably happens with other versions but suspect only if you have Acronis scheduled jobs.

Regardless, I would expect the Bitdefender programmers to be able to work around the "pop-up" style of addressing the problem. Especially when the dialog tells you to continue anyway.

We are, after all, trusting Bitdefender to protect us from malwares of various types, so one would expect programmers of the finest calibre to be writing the code.

• Ah right, that is why we haven't experienced it. We didn't schedule tasks because the volumes we backup to are not permanently connected. They are also all archived to two separate destinations per machine. One of which is kept in a secure fire resistant cabinet at Home. The other in my Office in a similar cabinet.

Thanks for clarifying though. Hopefully it can be resolved by either Bitdefender or Acronis.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Ah right, that is why we haven't experienced it. We didn't schedule tasks because the volumes we backup to are not permanently connected. They are also all archived to two separate destinations per machine. One of which is kept in a secure fire resistant cabinet at Home. The other in my Office in a similar cabinet.

Thanks for clarifying though. Hopefully it can be resolved by either Bitdefender or Acronis.

I replied in the other thread.

Cristian