Optimize

I use BD TS on 2 Windows 7 and a Windows 8 Laptop, and upgraded from BD 14TS to BD 15TS; one 7 and the 8 machine are OK. One of the Windows 7 machines has a problem. When I start OPTIMIZE, it goes thru Disk and Registry clean up but Privacy runs forever, and ever and ever at 69% complete. I've let it run for about an hour and the drive activity is solid, but it never finishes. When I cancel it, I get this ugly message that the user cancelled the application, which I do. I have run update to make sure the product is up to date, and done a repair. I have sent a request to Support, but I doubt I will ever hear from them. I do get several messages in the dashboard about file sync problems with Safepay and Safebox, neither of which I want, need or use. Since it is only 1 machine, I suspect some software combination that is confusing BD. This particular machine only needs 2 keys on the keyboard; pr0n and MUSIC, since that's all the user ever does. Nonetheless, I'd like the application to work. Any ideas?

Comments