[resolved] Windows 8 Always Rebooting If Starting Bitdefender 2013 Installation

Revollti
edited October 2012 in Installation

I was trying to install Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 64bit on my Windows 8 64bit system but its not possible.

The Installation is starting, and then I just see that my system is just restarting. And the fun part is: after the first restart, Im not able to enter my desktop, because the system is restarting himself again and again. So I have to use a windows restoration point.

I tried the installation with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 v16.21.0 german, but also I tried to download the newest version (before the installation is starting, I got asked to download the newest version). So whatever Im trying nothing is working. I thought bitdefender is ready for Win8?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Bitdefender is compatible with Windows 8.

Did you used the latest installation kit available here?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

If not, re-download it from there and retry one more time please.

Take care.

• Same problem here. Spent many hours installing and activating my software. Last step was to install Bitdefender IS 2013. Ran the small installer that is supposed to download the latest files. Half way through the installation - crashed ! Now I cannot start windows at all, no safe mode, nothing, Windows cannot repair it and NO Restore point set by Bitdefender. It is obviously NOT compatible with Windows 8 as advertised.

• Revollti
    edited October 2012

Not working. Sending log as pm.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

I have received the logs and we are currently investigating this issue.

I will get back to you soon with a solution.

Take care.

• Same happening here. Asus K55VD laptop.

• Heruhur
    edited October 2012

Having trouble as well.

Installed BD2013 on Win8 Pro NL and when the installation is almost done. the computer reboots and windows enters in automatic repair mode.

Wich it fails and leaves no other option then to fully repair windows. Wich means all programs drivers etc. will be gone.

I tried to install bitdefender with the dutch localized installer, with the international english installer, even tried it on a freshly installed Win8 without any drivers and programs installed other then stock Win8.

Problem persists in all situations; reboot and repair when BD2013 setup is almost done.

I did install bitdefender sucsessfully on the RTM evaluation version a few days ago but now on the official NL version it crashes.

My system specs:

ASUS P8Z77-M Mainboard.

Intel Core i5-3450 Processor

Corsair Vengeance 8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz CL9

2x Saphhire Radeon HD7850 (crossfire)

OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD

WD Caviar Blue 500Gb HDD

• I cannot install on Win8 Pro x64 English either. Yes, I'm using the latest installer, and it gets all the way through the scan, the download, and almost done with install (I see icons on my desktop before crashing). After crashing, Win8 attempts auto repair but is unsuccessful. I had this problem on Win8 release day and realized that System Restore was not on, so my install was a complete loss. Fast forward a couple days and a little more Win8 experience, I had System Restore enabled and manually made a snapshot. Exact same problem occurred, but this time System Restore got me back up and running in about 2 min.

Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 3570K

Mobo: ASRock Z77M, firmware 1.40

RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-19200

GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 570

SSD: OCZ Vertex4 128GB

HDD: (2) 2GB WD 2TB Caviar Black

• I cannot install on Win8 Pro x64 English. I'm using the latest installer, and it gets all the way through the scan, the download, and almost done with install (I see icons on my desktop before crashing). After crashing, Win8 attempts auto repair but is unsuccessful.

Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 3210-M

RAM: 8GB

GPU: Intel HD 4000

SSD: OCZ Vertex4 512GB

Macbook Pro Mid 2012

• Heruhur
    edited October 2012

hmm 3 people and only thing in comon is a vertex 4 . . . . (the Win8 RTM evaluation version I tried was installed as a dual-boot on my WD HDD drive)

also 3x the i5 Ivy-bridge, but doubt that's the problem considering the above.

• That is a coincidence on the Vertex4. Are we all running firmware 1.5? I highly doubt this is the problem, but might as well follow this connection.

• That is a coincidence on the Vertex4. Are we all running firmware 1.5? I highly doubt this is the problem, but might as well follow this connection.

I'm running on fw1.5 as well.

We'll find out soon enough, if someone without a vertex 4 has the same problem we can scratch it off the list :P

• Dexter88
    edited October 2012

I have the exact same problem and no vertex. I have an ASUS UX31A with an ADATA SSD.

• I have the exact same problem and no vertex. I have an ASUS UX31A with an ADATA SSD.

The other topic http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=38863 is it's a samsung SSD

So far all of us seem to be using an SSD.

Any of the Bitdefender crew reading this? Are you aware of this problem we are having?

Can we do anything to help to get this solved?

• The other topic http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=38863 is it's a samsung SSD

So far all of us seem to be using an SSD.

Any of the Bitdefender crew reading this? Are you aware of this problem we are having?

Can we do anything to help to get this solved?

Hi Heruhur,I have this problem too. Like you I am concerned at the silence on this issue from BitDefender. There is certainly a problem, and there is no sign of a fix yet, not only that, the silence is deafening. BitDefender, please fix the problem or else I will move on to another solution.

• I have just bought a new HP laptop and installed Bitdefender Total Security as the first thing I did (luckily!). It has not stopped the cycle of rebooting and will not allow me to sign in to Windows to get to anything. The only for it is to do a factory reset.

There's fours of my life wasted. I'm not encouraged by the 'I'll get back to you soon' from Christian @ Bit Defender 12 days ago.....!

Might just save the rest of my week's holiday and get a refund. Kaspersky here I come.

• I have just bought a new HP laptop and installed Bitdefender Total Security as the first thing I did (luckily!). It has not stopped the cycle of rebooting and will not allow me to sign in to Windows to get to anything. The only for it is to do a factory reset.

There's fours of my life wasted. I'm not encouraged by the 'I'll get back to you soon' from Christian @ Bit Defender 12 days ago.....!

Might just save the rest of my week's holiday and get a refund. Kaspersky here I come.

Same Problem here.

My Laptop was working fine with windows 7 and Bitdefender TS 2013.

Since the Clean Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro I am unable to install Bitdefender TS 2013. It downloads the new version from net and then while in the final stages of installation it crashes.

Windows cant even reboot and I had to go to recovery mode to do a system refresh which removed all installed programmes.

Its really disturbing and I couldn't find any solution for it.

My system:

Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

Intel core i7 3520M 2.8GHz

4 GB Ram

Lenovo x230 Tablet

Stalk HDD 320GB (No SSD)

Sorry for re-posting but I think its a grave issue. I have downloaded the latest bitdefender TS2013 from the site on 29th October 2013, and its still giving me the same problem.

Somebody help please.

• Okay, looks like we can rule out SSD as the problem as well. The only thing that was similar in hardware at first was a Vertex4 SSD, then just generally an SSD, and now not even that and still having the same symptoms. The only thing I can think of is some sort of software incompatibility going on. Is it possible that it's our particular distribution of Win8? I guess that's another thing that can be discussed. I'm using Win8 Pro which I downloaded from TechNet.

Sorry for cross posting, but just wanted to throw yet another possibility into figuring this problem out which I posted over on the other topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=38863

• I've run bitdefender succesfully on the (english) Enterprise RTM Evaluation version, wich ran as a dual boot on my HDD while Win7 was on my SSD.

The Win8 version I'm running now is the pro version dutch language downloaded from MS through the upgrade assistant.

• Sorry for cross posting, but just wanted to throw yet another possibility into figuring this problem out which I posted over on the other topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=38863

Thanks for replying. I purchased and downloaded Windows 8 Pro from Microsoft website using Windows8-UpgradeAssistant on 29th October 2013.

• Thanks for replying. I purchased and downloaded Windows 8 Pro from Microsoft website using Windows8-UpgradeAssistant on 29th October 2013.

Mine was a brand new laptop with pre installed windows 8, so no risk of amateur installation there, and I downloaded BD yesterday, presumably the most up to date version.

I am still trying to put the laptop back together after rebuild - product key requires nearly 100 key entries, set up takes ages, Norton won't recognise it so can't even get temporary free protection.

It is not good.

M

• So Bitdefener any Update? We purchased this software so I think we can expect something for our money.

• Tried installing it again.

Installation crashed at last moment, the icons are already on the desktop, then black screen and a reboot beep. (made a system recovery point before installing)

Then rebooted entering safe-mode.

Installed the weekly update.

Rebooted.

Came as far as the lock-screen before crashing and rebooting again.

:( so still no-go

• Tried installing it again.

Installation crashed at last moment, the icons are already on the desktop, then black screen and a reboot beep. (made a system recovery point before installing)

Then rebooted entering safe-mode.

Installed the weekly update.

Rebooted.

Came as far as the lock-screen before crashing and rebooting again.

:( so still no-go

When I install BD TS2013 it Nearly completes installation then when the "during installation" system restart happens my system reboots only till the lock screen and then it freezes ...no mouse pointer, no touch no keyboard input just the lock screen.

Then automatically it reboots itself again to reach the frozen lock screen ....

This cycle continues while I use swears and curse words ...then I go and do system refresh, which uninstalls everything and then I am back to square one ...is there a bug in the antivirus ??

• Heruhur
    edited October 2012
    When I install BD TS2013 it Nearly completes installation then when the "during installation" system restart happens my system reboots only till the lock screen and then it freezes ...no mouse pointer, no touch no keyboard input just the lock screen.

Then automatically it reboots itself again to reach the frozen lock screen ....

This cycle continues while I use swears and curse words ...then I go and do system refresh, which uninstalls everything and then I am back to square one ...is there a bug in the antivirus ??

If you make a system recovery point you can restore the system instead of refreshing. This way you won't loose all settings and programs.

installing kaspersy trial a.t.m. wich advertises with win8 compatible as well . . . . . . it gives me an os not supported message during installation :(

• Heruhur
    edited October 2012

:blink: I did it . . . . . . .it works . . . . .

disabled both windows defender programs (the antivirus and the anti-malware)

then installed this one http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...av_2013_64b.exe

and it actually works . . . . . yay

(during installation the anti-virus part of windows defender is disabled . . . I guess the problem lies with not disabling the anti malware part of windows defender)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012

I am sorry for the delay of our answer and I hope to assist you in a timely fashion from now on. I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to convey our apologies in regards to the situation created.

We compiled new offline kits today with the latest product update.

So please use the uninstall tool to clean all the leftovers:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...nstall_Tool.exe

and use the offline kit from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

to install the product.

Let me know if everything is OK.

Thank you!

• I guess I'm lucky since I've had no problems with TS 2013 and Windows 8 X64. I was running another internet security program and did uninstall it prior to installing BDTS. Also Windows Defender was already disabled before installation. I guess that's why I've had no problems.

• Hello :)

I am sorry for the delay of our answer and I hope to assist you in a timely fashion from now on. I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to convey our apologies in regards to the situation created.

to install the product.

Thank you!

Works, thanks!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012

For those that encounter the same issue, we have here a KB article with all the steps that you need to follow:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/what-to...ows-8-1051.html

We are truly sorry for all the inconvenience and the new kits that were introduced yesterday in the market will solve this issue permanently.

Thank you very much!

• I'm currently running the uninstall tool to give these complete kits a go. I might also Bell1's suggestion a try with disabling Windows Defender. I've experienced that kind of problem with two AV's conflicting and crashing each other at work as well, and had thought about trying this but apparently never attempted. I'll report back with what I find.

G'luck all! :)

• Excellent, worked flawlessly this time! I'm not sure whether it's due to disabling Windows Defender or from using the offline install pack, but I'm up and running on BD2013AVP!

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Have a great weekend!

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Have a great weekend!

It's good to see that it's working for some people. I'm at the point that I'm planning to do a reformat/reinstall of Win 8 this weekend in order to see if I can get BitDefender to work. If I can't, I'm going back to Win 7. I was happy with it and only switched to Win 8 for the fun of learning something new. And I find I like Win 8.

Back when Win 7 came out, we had compatibility issues. The whole system has to matur.e around Win 8.

The switch to Win 8 isn't traumatic, except for the fuss with BitDefender. Moving to using a mouse with Windows in the '80's was a bigger problem.

If you will install the product on Windows 8 using these kits

you won't encounter the initial reported issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Take care.

to install the product.

Thank you!

Im using Windows 8 and ive tried to install bitdefender antivirusplus 2012. And the same problem as previously mention occured. Could you give me the link for Antivirusplus 2012 kit?

• Im using Windows 8 and ive tried to install bitdefender antivirusplus 2012. And the same problem as previously mention occured. Could you give me the link for Antivirusplus 2012 kit?

Try By Disabling hybrid shutdown feauture in windows 8

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012

Bitdefender 2012 is not compatible with Windows 8. Please upgrade to Bitdefender 2013, you have here all the details:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Have a lovely day!

• Money
    edited October 2014

Hi, I have installed Bid Defender Anti Virus for almost 1 year. And now I am facing this issue.

Bid defender antivirus screen came up and asked me to scan my PC and I just can't get into main start menu.

What should I do? Is my PC infected virus but I have run the scan and disinfected the virus. And yet the problem not solved and the page keep blocking me from entering main start menu.

How to solve this problem? Please help

Thanks