Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Usb Scans

Options

I upgraded my system to windows 7. I currently use an older olympus digital camera. I can no longer upload my pictures from my usb drive. Bitdefender starts scanning the drive and lists all of the pics as viruses and now i can not access the usb drive at all. I have tried every thing. I read this in a thread and made sure I did all of this and am still having the problem! I need help. I need to be able to load my pictures on my laptop.

Bitdefender don't have any feature to block removable media like Eset offers. There are only two settings related to removable media

1) Antivirus > Vulnerability > Media Auto Run (ON or OFF)

2) Antivirus > Exclusions > Scan USB Devices (Auto Scan, Disabled, Ask Every Time)

But Bitdefender does block automatic opening options that prompted when you insert the USB devices if you enable any of above said options.

Comments

• Hi. Have you tried plugging in your USB to a different computer to see if you're getting the same issue? 1.gif

• It does not seem to matter. I did plug it into a different computer and it read the usb fine. All I am trying to do is upload pictures. I have tried different usb drives and have the same problem with all of them. I tried to disable the scan usb drives, but it still autoscans them anyway. I also tried to use my cell phone data card and the same thing happened.

• It does not seem to matter. I did plug it into a different computer and it read the usb fine. All I am trying to do is upload pictures. I have tried different usb drives and have the same problem with all of them. I tried to disable the scan usb drives, but it still autoscans them anyway. I also tried to use my cell phone data card and the same thing happened.

Hi ckash,

if you put other extension files (word, excel, pdf...) on your usb key, does BD block them or not?

Save your pictures on the "different" computer and make an "up" in a few days if no expert answer soon, because he will have to ask you details on the extension of your Olympus file to transfer them to Bitdefender laboratories (through pm probably) to whitelist your Olympus extension pics.

Of course, you could deactivate BD (off line) and check if it works, anyway it's not the best solution.

(please put details of your system in your profile, it could help)

Regards

L

:)

• Hi ckash,

if you put other extension files (word, excel, pdf...) on your usb key, does BD block them or not?

Save your pictures on the "different" computer and make an "up" in a few days if no expert answer soon, because he will have to ask you details on the extension of your Olympus file to transfer them to Bitdefender laboratories (through pm probably) to whitelist your Olympus extension pics.

Of course, you could deactivate BD (off line) and check if it works, anyway it's not the best solution.

(please put details of your system in your profile, it could help)

Regards

L

:)

It is not just the olympic files, its any files on the drive, ie; jpegs or any text files for that matter.