Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installation Keeps Trying To Delete Kaspersky

Options

Hello.

My problem is that when I try to run the installation of total security, it keeps trying to uninstall KasperSky, which I used before. I've searched around, and done some things to try and help it out, without luck. So I hope you can help me get rid of this problem.

Things I have tried:

1. I used Kaspersky's removal tool (kavremover) to uninstall Kaspersky.

2. I used CCleaner to run both 'the cleaner' and the 'registry cleaner' to remove leftovers from Kaspersky & Bitdefender.

3. I rebootet and tried to install again, still no luck.

What is my next move? :wacko:

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hello.

My problem is that when I try to run the installation of total security, it keeps trying to uninstall KasperSky, which I used before. I've searched around, and done some things to try and help it out, without luck. So I hope you can help me get rid of this problem.

Things I have tried:

1. I used Kaspersky's removal tool (kavremover) to uninstall Kaspersky.

2. I used CCleaner to run both 'the cleaner' and the 'registry cleaner' to remove leftovers from Kaspersky & Bitdefender.

3. I rebootet and tried to install again, still no luck.

What is my next move? :wacko:

Thanks in advance.

Did you run the Kaspersky removal tool in windows safe mode? If not, please try it because if you don't some files would still have been loaded during windows startup. Then restart and try ccleaner again and manually delete the contents of the %temp% directory (type %temp% in windows explorer address bar to get to your user account's temporary directory). After that see if the Bitdefender installer works.

• From what I have understood, installing Kaspersky is a tough task since they leave traces of install behind. Possibly in system registry too. But have you tried the guide from their KB site yet? It's 2014 but I think the steps should be similar. 1.gif

http://support.kaspersky.com/10014

• Thanks man..

Removing it in safe mode solved the problem. :)

• you're welcome.