Bug: Main Bd Screen Reports Inaccurate Scan Date

This seems like a fairly basic bug that should have been fixed long ago. The main bd screen reports the last scan was two days ago, yet bd actually did a scan today, as is shown in the events log.

An IS product should be about reliability and reassurance, so this sort of basic bug does not inspire confidence.

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

With my version of BD 2015 Total Security, I have found it necessary, after a scan, to close BD and re-launch it. Once closed and re-launched, the Last Scan date is correct, at least on my two computers.

Hope your issue is as basic as mine. I am guessing that BD pulls the Last Scan date from a configuration or log file when it launches and after completing a scan does not update the date on the GUI until it is

re-launched.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Thanks for the suggestion Phil, but I can't find a simple way of closing and relaunching for BD IS 2015 - there's no close option when you right-click on the icon.

When you consider all the mind-bogglingly complex tasks it's carrying out, you'd think it would be able to do a simple thing like retrieve the date of the last scan reliably.

I'm impressed with bd after having it installed for a few days, but I do find this a little unsettling.

Regards,

Dave

• Hi Toolatedave,

Phil means just to close the GUI, not the whole program. I find the same thing, after a scan has been completed you don't see the scan update unless you close the GUI then open it again.

Ro.

• Thanks for the clarification, but closing the GUI doesn't make any difference. The "last scan" report seems to be stuck at the installation date 7 days ago.

• This sounds like a bug in your set-up, it is not a general fault. I suggest you run a repair, Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender 2015>uninstall but choose Repair. Let it do its thing then reboot when complete.

Ro.

• Hi Ro,

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not fix the issue.

It does seem to be a problem with a bit of history, as when I searched these forums I found other people reporting this going back a few years - but no solutions posted.

I've now raised a ticket on it. If a solution is found I'll post it here for information.

Dave