Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Zone In Bitdefender 2015

Hello I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2015. Im not able to understand,what should be the right settings for me in "Local Area Connection" (Firewall). I mean the "Network Type", "Stealth Mode", "Generic".

Please tell me the proper option for me...

Comments

• Without knowing your set up it is impossible to say, if you are not having problems leave it at default.

If you want to read about what setting does what, here is a link to the user manual and you can find it in section 22.3 - Managing Connection Settings.

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...serGuide_en.pdf

• Hi. You can check on "22.3. Managing connection settings" to check on zones. 1.gif

• Hello I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2015. Im not able to understand,what should be the right settings for me in "Local Area Connection" (Firewall). I mean the "Network Type", "Stealth Mode", "Generic".

Please tell me the proper option for me...

I recommend you to select steath mode on and generic yes ..this means u can't be pinged from internet and from local network and this settings will be aplied automatic so you wil not have to lose time to set them every time when u connect to internet

if u are on a network you should choose remote so your pc can work in network.This is because in internet zone there are billions ip's but in network zone IANA has asign few ip called martians.Some attackers can spoof their pc in order to tell your pc he is from network but if u choose steath mode from BD firewall you will be protected in this scenario.Note that your pc can still be vulnerable from spoofing attacks if u click some bad links (or intall bad programms) cos firewall will open connection when u make a request.So to be safe never click on unknown links