Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anti Virus Control And Windows Xp

Options

since I've installed internet security 2015 I have had a problem .normally when I come out of stand by( using windows xp home) the desktop wall paper flashes and then I'm taken to the sign in screen.now I get stuck at the wall paper. My only recourse is to shut down via the power button. To diagnose the problem I went ahead and shut off all the modules and one at a time turned then all on. After that things seemed to work ok.I was so relieved as windows xp is so slow to start. however after about a week the same problem.I narrowed it down to anti virus control. So now every time I want to go into stand by I uncheck anti virus control. And when I come out of stand by I recheck it turning it on.has anyone come accross this problem before.Just to note when I was running bitdefender 2011 and wanted to upgrade the same thing happened and bitdefender support was unable to come up with a solution so I continued to use 2011 with the new key I purchased for another year. and no problems so I think something was added in 2012 or later .

Comments

• Hi, please make sure you have patched .net Framework 1 to service pack 1. Then apply all subsequent security patches via windows update. There was a flaw in .net framework that caused a similar issue regardless of a user account password being set in windows itself.

Also if you haven't done so Service Pack 3 and all subsequent updates until end of support by Microsoft earlier this year should really be applied as soon as possible. This includes extras for Visual C++ runtime if applicable. The best way to ensure they are applied is to use Microsoft Update.

• Hi.

You may install Bitdefender Total Security 2015 only on computers running the following operating systems:

Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (32-bit)

Windows Vista with Service Pack 2

Windows 7 with Service Pack 1

Windows 8

Windows 8.1

antikythera is correct. You need to have service pack 3 set up here. Below is also the software requirements. 1.gif

Software requirements

To be able to use Bitdefender 2015 and all its features, your computer needs to meet the following software requirements:

Internet Explorer 8 or higher

Mozilla Firefox 14 or higher

Chrome 20 or higher

Skype 6.3 or higher

Yahoo! Messenger 9 or higher

Microsoft Outlook 2007 / 2010 / 2013

Microsoft Outlook Express and Windows Mail (on 32-bit systems)

Mozilla Thunderbird 14 or higher

.NET Framework 3.5 (automatically installed with Bitdefender if missing); if you are using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, please check our article here.

• Hi.

antikythera is correct. You need to have service pack 3 set up here. Below is also the software requirements. 1.gif

Software requirements

thanks I went and checked I have all the updates.and it didn't take long for the problem to come back.unless i've unchecked active virus control before going into standby the problem comes back

• in that case maybe it is time to rattle the Bitdefender technical support cage and open a current support ticket if you haven't already done so.

without further diagnostic information which they will need from you it is nigh on impossible to advise further on this in the forum.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

• in that case maybe it is time to rattle the Bitdefender technical support cage and open a current support ticket if you haven't already done so.

without further diagnostic information which they will need from you it is nigh on impossible to advise further on this in the forum.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

thanks