Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Renewed License And Now Have 2 Subscriptions?

Options

Hi. I have been a paid subscriber for three years now with Bitdefender with no complaints whatsover. However, recently, I renewed my license the same way I do every year, by the promotions sent by Bitdefender to my email before my subscription is up. For some reason this year, the auto renew option kicked in and charged me for another subscription here in November even though I renewed it on October 2. So basically, I was double charged. I contacted Avangate, and they will do nothing just telling me that I have two subscriptions and that is why I was charged again. So I don't understand why renewing my license from your own promotion sent to me to renew my license somehow gives me two subscriptions. And yes I know all about the auto renewal opt out thing. I never opted out because for two years, renewing my license the same exact way never charged me again. I could understand the confusion if I did it from a reseller site with their promotions, but I renew from the promotions that Bitdefender sends me into my email only.

Anyway, I would like some form of resolution to this issue. Avangate is being no help at all by just blaming the customer. My ticket number is 2014110322070002. And attached is a screenshot showing the date that I renewed in October. Thanks.

post-182522-1415131732_thumb.png

Comments

• Nesivos
    Options
    Hi. I have been a paid subscriber for three years now with Bitdefender with no complaints whatsover. However, recently, I renewed my license the same way I do every year, by the promotions sent by Bitdefender to my email before my subscription is up. For some reason this year, the auto renew option kicked in and charged me for another subscription here in November even though I renewed it on October 2. So basically, I was double charged. I contacted Avangate, and they will do nothing just telling me that I have two subscriptions and that is why I was charged again. So I don't understand why renewing my license from your own promotion sent to me to renew my license somehow gives me two subscriptions. And yes I know all about the auto renewal opt out thing. I never opted out because for two years, renewing my license the same exact way never charged me again. I could understand the confusion if I did it from a reseller site with their promotions, but I renew from the promotions that Bitdefender sends me into my email only.

Anyway, I would like some form of resolution to this issue. Avangate is being no help at all by just blaming the customer. My ticket number is 2014110322070002. And attached is a screenshot showing the date that I renewed in October. Thanks.

post-182522-1415131732_thumb.png

Just curious.

How long are each of the subcriptions for?

How many days unitl expiration is BDTS showing?

• muzikisrich
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just curious.

How long are each of the subcriptions for?

How many days unitl expiration is BDTS showing?

The one that I renewed on October 2nd is good for 366 more days, and as for the one charged to me on November 3rd, I am not sure. I don't want to install it to say that I have used it.

post-182522-1415135006_thumb.png

• Hi muzikisrich, I think Customer Support will be the only one to help you out here. I'm not sure but I'm hoping that they can give you a refund. 1.gif

• Hi muzikisrich, I think Customer Support will be the only one to help you out here. I'm not sure but I'm hoping that they can give you a refund. 1.gif

Thanks damianr. I hope so too. I was contacted by customer support today, so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

• Nesivos
    Options
    Thanks damianr. I hope so too. I was contacted by customer support today, so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

I think you did the right thing. My guess is if you activated the second license it would extend the "days left" and add them to what you already have.

• I think you did the right thing. My guess is if you activated the second license it would extend the "days left" and add them to what you already have.

Just a quick update to finish off this thread.

I did get everything straightened out today. And despite many comments I see on here, I had no issues with Bitdefender's customer service at all. They were very nice and professional. So all is good again.

• Georgia
    Options

Thank you for taking the time to post back your feedback, we appreciate it.

Since the issue was resolved, I declare this topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.